CHAPTER 1: just a new day

beep

beep

be-

"mija! ya levántate!" (mija! get up now!)

"ay voy ma.." (I'm going ma..)

i slowly opened my eyes, trying to adjust to my bedroom lights. i checked my phone for the time, slightly flinching at the brightness.

6:48 AM
Monday

i turned my phone off and laid it beside me. i got up from my warm and comfortable bed to get out my school uniform.

"gosh, just a couple more months of this sticky uniform and I'm free"

i talked to myself in my deep and groggy morning voice. i was relieved that this was my last year in my school before moving to my new one. i picked out my button up shirt, khaki pants, belt, tie, and my black air force ones from my oh-so-tiny closet. i then started to dress myself and i glanced at myself in my mirror.

ever since i hit puberty, I've had curves. before so, i had some curves but i never noticed them of course. im not a big fan of my curves, sure they show how feminine i am and they're considered the society standard look but I'm not happy with them. i get catcalled by creepy high schoolers and random people in public, even a few of my friends make pervy comments about them. sure it's all fun and jokes but it sometimes gets to me. anyway, back to getting ready, can't get too deep into my issues now.

i put on a black oversized hoodie so i can feel more comfortable and it fits my school's ridiculous dress code. i get my breakfast, pray, and eat up. of course my mom and younger sister are arguing about who knows what, so i dont pay any mind to them unless my name is mentioned. i finish eating and i go ahead and finish the rest of my routine before i head out into my mom's car.

we finally arrive to school and right before my sister and i hop off we're interrupted.

"espera! muah muah love you, que tengan una bonita día!" (wait! muah muah love you, have a nice day!) my mom kissed us both on the cheek before we responded with 'love you too, bye'.

i arrive to my first period, waiting on my friend since she said she had chisme (gossip) to spill.

3:32 PM

i read the clock while the last annoying bell rang, signaling that the school day is now over. i texted my parents to tell them that i was meeting up with some friends at a nearby coffee shop to study. let's just say that they question me a bit too much and i get a whole bunch of 'cuando me dijistes eso??' (when did you tell me that??) and 'yo nunca dije eso' (i never said that), but they mean well. the coffee shop isn't too far away, just a few blocks from the school.

i walked off campus to text my friends that im on my way. i looked both ways before i crossed the street as one does. i notice the infamous water tower that i always see when i get out of school. i never really pay attention to it too much but I do see that it has the Warner brothers logo on it and sometimes i hear loud noises, music, anything chaotic you name it. though i just assume that some stray teens do who knows what in there or some crazy is in there.

i happened to need a water tower reference for a drawing that I'm working on, and the one that was standing right before me was the perfect reference. i clicked the camera app on my phone and took a few shots to my liking. i then felt a presence behind me, like someone was right behind me. i assumed it was one of my friends attempting to spook me so i pretended not to notice. i was very wrong.

aaa I'm so happy to be back! hopefully y'all are enjoying this so far, see y'all soon!