xxv

NOW PLAYING...
THERAPY by ALL TIME LOW

The air was just as dry as the sand around you, making you extra conscious of keeping your umbrella steady, but mainly when a helicopter emerged from the sky

"Speedwagon Foundation," you said under your breath. "Perhaps I can finally get some cash in my pockets."

"That's what you're thinking about right now?" Jotaro raised a brow. You shrugged and he turned to his grandfather. "These are your old friends who are taking care of Mom back in Japan?"

"Yeah, that's right," Joseph responded. 

"Don't tell me we're going for a ride in that helicopter."

"No. As much as I'd like to, the crew aren't Stand users." Before he could continue, you snickered. "If we were attacked, they would be at risk."

"Then why is this here?" Kakyoin questioned. 

"They've brought us a helper."

You paused. "... What?"

"He has a few personality issues, so it's taken a while for him to get here."

"Mister Joestar!" Avdol cut in. "It's impossible for him to come with us on this trip! There's no way he could be helpful. Doesn't (Y/N) II still have that gnarly scar on her eyebrow from him?"

You blinked. "Grandma never talks about him, she doesn't even like it when people mention her injury. Do you know him, Avdol?" 

"Yeah, very well."

Jotaro chimed in: "Hold on. If he's a helper, that means he's a Stand user, right?"

"He's the Stand user who represents the card called 'The Fool,'" answered Joseph. 

"'The Fool...'" you repeated, followed by a huff. "Great. A bit on the nose, isn't it?"

"Like your Stand's name is any better," teased Polnareff. 

You rounded up a punch when Avdol interrupted, "Enough! We're lucky he's not our enemy! You wouldn't be able to beat him."

The Frenchman's eye twitched. "What'd you say, you asshole? You better watch your mouth!" He gripped Avdol's shirt.

"It's the truth. What's with the hand? That hurts."

"Sounding all high-and-mighty and shit..."

You quite literally got in between them. "We're all snobs, alright? Now cut it out because they finally landed. Took 'em long enough, too..."

The door opened and the Speedwagon Foundation workers stepped out, a grin on each of their faces. 

"Mister Joestar! Thank goodness you're safe." The one shook hands with Joseph.

"Lady (L/N), yes?" asked the other. You nodded. "Your grandmother told the Foundation what happened."

"I'd hope so," you responded. "How is she by the way?"