𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵!!!

A/N: Hello, readers! We're at the start of the Winter Cup preliminaries! Enjoy!

edited on may 7th, 2022 @ 3:52am

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

CHAPTER FOURTEEN - START!!!

THE NEXT DAY WAS THE start of the Winter Cup preliminaries. Daigo was wearing his basketball jacket with his bag hanging over his right shoulder and was standing next to Kagami, who was doing basketball tricks with his left arm.

"Whoa. You're getting pretty good with your left arm." Furihata commented.

Kagami tosses the ball up. "Yeah. It's even been easier to eat with this hand lately." He stated, catching the ball as it spun on his finger.

"So, you still can't sleep the day before a tournament, huh?" Furihata asked in a bored tone, causing Daigo to snort. "You look terrifying."

Kiyoshi just smiled. "What are you smiling about? It's creepy." Hyuga questioned.

"Oh, sorry. Don't let it bother you." Kiyoshi replied.

Koganei placed his hand on his chin. "I know what it is, Kiyoshi." He then turned around. "You're excited because we have new uniforms, right?"

"What?! They are?" Kiyoshi questioned.

"You should've noticed sooner!" Koganei exclaimed.

"We'd better get going. Is everyone here?" Riko asked.

Hyuga looked back at the team. "We're still missing one." He responded. "Oh, Kuroko?"

"I'm here."

Everyone flinches with the exception of Daigo.

"You are?!"

"Yes, I've been here the whole time." Kuroko informed as he released a breath.

"No, you're lying this time!" Kagami accused, pointing a finger at him as Kuroko flinched. "You barely made it on time running here!"

Kuroko was silent. "Silence?!" Kagami exclaimed.

"Let's go. We haven't forgotten anything, have we?" Hyuga asked.

Riko sighs. "What are you talking about? We're on our way now to go get it!" She claimed.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

At Touou, Daiki was laying on the rooftop. "Aomine-kun! You're skipping practice up here again." Momoi's voice called out.

"Shut up, Satsuki. It doesn't matter." Daiki told her.

"It does matter. Tetsu-kun's new technique—"

Daiki sat up. "Practicing won't make any difference. There's no need. The only one who can beat me is me." He claimed.

"Anyway, our spot in the Winter Cup is already guaranteed. Of course I'm sleepy." Daiki added on, laying back down.

"You idiot!" Momoi exclaimed.

Daiki suddenly heard his phone buzz as he flipped it open, seeing a text from his brother.

From: Little Brother.
Subject: Preliminaries.
> Seirin is participating in the preliminaries today. Not like you care. Just thought I would let you know we're going to breeze on by. We're going to beat you this time, Daiki. I'll achieve the Zone and lower your overgrown ego, asshole.