14

i'm covered in black spit. the tongues are everywhere. i keep my mouth closed, pressing my lips together so hard it hurts.

i can feel them lick my thighs, my stomach, my arms, my legs, my chin. they're everywhere. one of them takes a bite of my thigh, which makes me want to scream. but i don't. in fear of having one of those tongues down my throat.

the pain shoots through my body, i need to get out of here. like right now. for some reason i find the courage to say something, or scream something. i'm not sure.

"get off me!"

for some weird reason they stopped, the tongues went inside their mouth, as they stepped away from me. standing in a straight line.

they look at each other, it looks like they're talking to each other. "what are you?" i can feel the sticky spit all over me, the salty tears on my cheeks.

a cold, raspy voice answered, not the hot kind of raspy. "we don't know" it sounded like an old person that has smoked for years.

i swallow hard, they all look blank. like they don't have a soul. like they're all dead. maybe they are. i wonder what happened to them.

they are a failed project but how did they end up like this? in this empty, room in the basement of a fucking huge house.

"why did you lick me?" the voice speaks again, i can't see who it is, none of their mouths move. "you taste good, and it's playtime"

"playtime" they all say. before they run up to me again. standing in a circle around me. as they start to lick me again.

hard, wet, sticky, gross tongues. they lick me everywhere. when one of them licks the bite on my thigh i scream.

i scream so hard my lungs hurt. so loud i can feel my voice breaking. my eyes start to water again, i just want to go home. i want to go home to my mom, i want to forget all about this. i want to see zoe. i want to go to cheer practice.

i wanna do all the stuff i did before. i want to go on dates with cute girls, i want to eat my mom's vegan food, even if i don't like it most of the time.

i want to go back to how it was. i know i should never have walked down the dark street. why didn't i listen to zoe?

-

they all backed away some time ago, they laid down on top of each other, and went to sleep. so maybe it's night time? i'm not quite sure.

i'm cold. i'm hungry. i want to go home. if i just stuck to the few rules i got i wouldn't be here. why am i so stupid? why couldn't i just stay in the room?

maybe i would have been in the pool by now? maybe with her? maybe i would have laid in bed, cuddling her. who knows what i might have done.

but no i decide to be stupid, go downstairs, walk into some weird room, get caught, and got brought down here. how could i be so stupid.

sometimes i wonder if i have a brain. and what the heck would finneas do here? i highly doubt that he is here. and what mission could be so important he's gone for a month.

this whole thing seems weird, and why wouldn't i know if my parents were in the mafia or whatever the fuck they do.

yes sometimes mom and dad would be gone and never told me and finneas why. we just had to take care of yourself. well finneas took care of me.

i love him for that. he always took care of me. he always protected me. but then he was gone. i saw one time that he wrote a letter to me, and just as i was about to open it dad snatched it out of my hands so i couldn't read it.

he told me it was only gonna hurt me. and when i told him i wanted to see what finneas wrote to me he laughed at me. saying i wouldn't see finneas for a while unless i was willing to pay for it.

mom was gone on some trip around that time, which she was on for a long time. and when she came home she wouldn't talk to me for days. why i don't know.

the whole thing seems weird. what do they work as? once for a school project i was supposed to write about my parents' job.

mom called my teacher and said i wouldn't be able to do the assignment. when the teacher asked why, mom said something about "it's not good for the kids to know about" which seemed weird at the time.

but i didn't think much of it. maybe i should have. maybe i should have questioned them more. but i never did.

so when i think about it, my parents might do something. something they don't want me to know about. but i am going to find out what it is.