Update 30: To be Rather than to Seem

|Natasha's POV|

"Is this a kind of prank?" Rex snorted absentmindedly while his head resting on the loveseat's head rest, staring blankly at the roof.

All of us were shocked of what we've been seeing right in front of us. Can anyone explain kung anong kagaguhan ang nangyayari sa mundo? We are all laying our back on the couch, spacing out.

Inayos ko ang upo ko at ipinatong ang siko sa aking tuhod at huminga ng malalim. I was about to exhaled when I heard a bang. Rex shitted under his breath, Seth and Drake almost jump on their seats and Art simply opens his eyes.

What was just that?

I groaned when I saw the door, wrecked and full of dust. I face palmed and muttered 'fuck' with confusion. Sino naman ang hangal na gagawa ng ganyan sa inosenteng pintuan? He/She could've just knocked instead!

I slowly removed my hand on my face and take a look at these gnomes, sitting pretty in front of me. They grinned when they noticed me. I glared at them but they just grin widely. I rolled my eyes and heard someone coughs.

"What the holly fucking shit happened to the both of you?!" I yelled out of frustration and immediately run towards them.

"What happened?" Seth said as they all walked beside me. Rex gets Astrid from Dale and lays her on the couch. Inalalayan naman ni Seth si Dale to get up 'cause he nearly shuts down.

"Can you manage?" Seth asked. He slightly nods with pain written on his face and gestured something in the car. Or I mean someone. I frowned and took my steps forward when Art clutches his hand on my elbow like he was saying that he can handle it. I nodded and checked on Astrid's and Dale's.

"You better put them to bed now, boys. I'll just call someone to help us..." Seth and Rex carried the two and went upstairs as my eyes flew to the wrecked door. "...to repair this mess."

I started dialing on my phone when I remember something. "And the three of you." I faced them. "Go to the kitchen and get something to munch."

"Can we just watch tv?" he used his charming voice over me.

"No! We'll go upstairs and watch those two injured!" she huffs.

"Let's just go eat. My tummy is growling like a tiger." He plays with his lips like he's pleading.

"Aww." My face softens. "I don't care! Just do what I said. You go. Now." I shooed them away. They just stuck their tongue out and run to the kitchen.

"I'm watching you!" I yelled and heard their giggles.

|Astrid's POV|

I felt my back hurts and my neck followed. I wailed as I moved my leg and felt the cut on it.

"Don't move too much, Astrid. Your body is still regaining your energy." Seth said while cleaning the tools maybe they'd used to me.

"How many hours did I sleep?"

He looked at me for a second and said; "Five hours." And get backs on what he is doing. I pulled myself on the bed rest and managed to move gradually.

"That Clifton boy on the other hand was in his room. He was taken care by Nats and Rex. The drug they'd shot to the both of you is one of a kind. We didn't expected na makakayanan iyon ng katawan niya. That boy is tough."

"Why are you telling me this, Seth?" My voice nearly breaks down because of the pain on my neck.

"Well..." He started fixing the tubes on my wrists and pulled them away. "I know you care for him." He winks before closing the door.

I breathe out sounding 'hah' in amusement at hindi na napigilang mapangiti. Maybe my bestfriend knows what I feel.

--

Post on my MB for dedications.