Update 34: Sherlock Holmes

|Astrid's POV|

"You braaats!" We all halted in our fighting positions when Colonel Moran's man roared with gritted teeth while his gun was fixed on my head.

Dead air.

"S.H." A deep grungy voice. We shifted our gazes to the man who picked the gun on the floor.

"Sherlock Holmes!?" He uttered with a full loud prolonged sound. No doubt. It was Colonel Moran we are facing.

He freed a lot of bullets using Holmes' gun. Now, whoever is the fucking bastard who brought Holmes' gun will be facing death. I changed my phase running from corner to corner nang bigla siyang magpakawala ng mga bala sa aking direksyon.

"Astrid!" He run towards me and dodged the bullet with his body. Rex.

"Hah! Game over, huh." He looked at his hands, slowly fading. "Rex."

"Astrid, be sure to catch Jack the Ripper for me." I nod as a reply and in no time, he vanished, leaving traces of binary codes.

"I intend to capture you and have you say who sent you, but looks like it's no longer necessary. Considering this gun belongs to Holmes." Moran said whilst pointing the gun on us.

I narrowed my eyes, looking for an escape and darted with the chair beside Colonel Moran's that led to my frustration earlier. Right. That must be it. Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali. I looked back to the man in front of me with his hand still extended and back to where the wine is located.

"Now, who's first to die?"

I run as fast as I could and gave Moran a double round house kick that made him dropped his gun and took the opportunity to slide myself onto the table and grabbed the wine. As soon as he recovered, I striked a pose like I was dropping the bottle.

"If you shoot me, the wine will break." A smirk formed on my lips when he held back the trigger.

"The table where you played cards had an empty seat. A specially decorated chair...with a glass and some wine prepared for the person to sit there. With those clues, I could deduce that the one to sit there...
could only be Professor Moriarty."

"Sorry, but that deduction is mistaken."

"Then why not shoot. If you don't mind spoiling the professor's wine, that is."

"Damn you."

There were seconds of sending dagger looks. Tension's building up the room. Testing each other. Until...

"The honorable Moriarty wishes to meet you all. He's waiting outside. Follow me." A man with a black cloak entered the picture.

"Wait. Will you please hold on." Moran was cut off.

"Do you intend to disobey the honorable Moriarty?" The man glared that caused him to put Holmes' gun down.

We followed the mysterious man whom I guessed as one of the Professor Moriarty's driver. As soon as we reached the car, I handed the wine to the driver which he later put on the back seat. His scent.

"Excuse me, sir." I looked at the man inside the car. "By any chance. Are you Professor Moriarty?"

"Evidently."

"You're actually testing us with this, aren't you?" Art and the others looked at me. "You're not Professor Moriarty at all, are you?"

"Hey you, what are you saying?" Scarlet hissed.

"Because the real Professor Moriarty is the person right here." I pointed the man earlier. "The professor provided the voice and all thru ventriloquism, e?"

"You saw even through that?" He let out an evil smirk as he puts down his hat. "So what is it we're dealing?"

"Jack the Ripper. You unleashed him on the streets, right?"

"Oh. A waif lost in the alleyways, abandoned by his mother. With one look, I can sense his talent. His criminal talent, you may say."

"Why did he kill all those innocent women?" Art asked.

"Because his a murdering demon and I raised him as a first class killer." He wore his hat as a signal of going away.

"Tomorrow morning. At the Sunday's Time newspaper. You'll know who'll be the next victim."

|Nike's POV|

Rex came out of the hypnotizing device and fell unconsciously.

"Put him to bed and inject the drug to awaken him." Lexus nodded in an instant.

I focused at the monitors in front of me. There are fifty players playing when the game began, including the CIA agents. And now, only 23 remaining.

The Colosseum stage. With remarkable weapons and defenses at your disposal, it allows you to test your might against the Roman Empire.

The Viking stage. Where you will become Vikings and sail the seven seas. With strong resolve and courage, you will take on many adventures.

The Solomon stage. Where you will become treasure hunters and allows you to search for Solomon's treasures that are spread throughout the world.

And finally, The London in 17th Century. Where the agents are. They must catch the killer with their own hands from an actual unsolved murder spree.

I unconsciously stared at General Viveica's son. This guy sure is tough. Hindi ko halos paniwalaan na hinanap niya ang babaeng tulad ni Agent Mier. And that girl sure a lucky one. Ugh. Maybe after this, we can go back to our normal height. We're just drugged anyway.

A sound of glitch in the computer brought me back to earth. The monitor at the upper right corner lost its signal and became annoyingly blurred. And then followed by the other one, and the other one, and the other one! What was that!

Host hardware, accessed.
Block code, input.

"Dionysus!" I started typing codes to contact them, but it didn't work.

Coordinate axis, fine tuned.

"Fvck! Try making contacts! Faster!"

Point adjustment, completed.

"I'm trying, shut up!" He yelled back.

Fade in system, started.

Lexus groaned in frustration when Scarlet, Art, Drake, and Natasha convulsed and screamed.

Power setting, completed.

Their brain gear locked and they fell free from self-awareness. I kept myself busy reviving the monitors.

Lock on.

My hands trembled when I felt the electricity flowing and blew me away from the keyboard.

"This sensory simulation game, Cocoon, is now under my control."

A thin sphere appeared on the monitors which I bet the mouth of the computer.

"This is not an ordinary game. This is a game where you bet your lives."

We stared in each other's eyes with disbelief. This can't be happening.

"If no one ever survived, I will release a special electromagnetic wave and destroy all that's inside your brain."

And then it disappeared and the monitors came back to normal. My eyes widen.

Shit.

I can only see Seth and Clifton from here.