Chapter Fourteen

"Was that your first time?", Negan asked. We were still lying in bed. I nodded. My heart still hadn't stopped beating so fast. "Was it that bad?"

"No.", Negan chuckled. "You were amazing." I smiled. "So... You were serious about the short a wife thing?", I said and looked at him. I realized he had stared at me the entire time.

I moved my body to him, so that we were facing each other. "If you're up for that.", he answered. "I'm up for everything right now", I said and leaned in for another kiss.

"I know why you did it, you know.", Negan said after a while. "Helping them." "Will it give you comfort if I tell you that I'm not going anywhere?", I asked and made a sad face in play.

"Oh, I'm counting on that.", he answered. We rested in bed for some more minutes. "Hey, when was your marriage with Tina supposed to happen?", I asked.

Negan took a look at the clock on the wall. "In thirty minutes." "Then let's do it.", I said. Negan raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?", he asked. "Yeah.", I said. "This is a zombie apocalypse, nothing matters, fuck it." "Okay. Screw it.", he confirmed and kissed my forehead.

It was, just like Tanya said, nothing like a church wedding at all. They did make a face when Negan announced that the marriage was not cancelled even though Tina was missing, but that was nothing against the look on their faces when he told them who the bride was.

"Did he force you to do it?", Frankie asked. I was a bit too ashamed to admit that I was actually in love with him. He had done things, I seemed to be the only one who was selfish enough to ignore and look beyond that.

I was just too obsessed with this man. It didn't matter to me what he had done, only what he was going to do to me. Instead of saying that, I just answered, "It's better for me. Probably the same reason you did it."

Frankie shrugged. "Then welcome to the club, I guess.", Tanya said and handed me a black dress. "It's Tina's." "God, I hope she's okay.", Frankie said. "Yeah, me too.", I mumbled. If something would happen to her, the whole plan was for nothing.

Instead of a bouquet of flowers, I was given a bottle of beer. Nice attitude, I thought as I was sitting on a couch with Frankie, Tina and some other of Negan's wives whose names I didn't even know.

Given the fact that mine and Negan's love was probably the only one that was real, I had no reason to be jealous. Still it felt weird to be on a marriage with people who were married to the same guy you were marrying.

The loud music made conversations nearly impossible and we just pumped the alcohol into ourselves. "You have no idea what you've done.", Franke said loudly and gave me a pitiful smile.

I was spared an answer, because the volume was lowered and Negan held out his hand. "Showtime, darling.", he said. We walked up some stairs so that everyone had a view of us. I was a bit scared, did we have to say some holy words or something?

"Now, I'd usually be giving a big-ass speech now.", Negan announced. "But it's been a very long day and I'm too jazzed to produce decent words. This was a very spontaneous action today, but we both decided to, and I quote, 'fuck it'."

The crowd laughed. "Nova.", he said and looked at me. "Do you want to become my wife?" I tried not to laugh, this felt like a really weird movie. "Yeah.", I grinned. "Perfect. Now let's fucking kiss." So much for holy words. The kiss was breathtaking, literally. The crowd started cheering.

"If you'll excuse us.", Negan shouted to the crowd. "We'll be in my quarters. Keep doing what you're doing." He took my hand again and pulled me out of the room. "Well that was a wedding ceremony.", I said as we got into Negan's room again. "Is it normal for the bride and the groom to leave so early?"

"I couldn't wait any longer.", Negan admitted. "I want you so fucking bad, Nova, and I'm not even kidding." I felt how I blushed.

"Are you saying that to all your wives?", I asked and tried to hide the fact that I felt exactly the same. "Oh, sweetheart, what do you think of me?"

"Just wanted to make sure." I shrugged. "Don't worry, you're my favourite. So, are you ready for round two or what?", he added with a smirk.

My lips curled into a smile. "You bet your ass I am."