14.

I SIT ANNOYED IN THE LIVING ROOM AT MY FATHER'S HOME

I SIT ANNOYED IN THE LIVING ROOM AT MY FATHER'S HOME . as usual my father has dinner with all his friends, which unfortunately we all have to attend. I sigh again.

"Rafe can you still smile?" Wheezie asks, laughing. "do i look like I want to laugh" I say bluntly.
"Rafe stop it" Sarah says irritated. I roll my eyes. Dad comes running and signals us to get up. I stand up sighing.

people walk past us and greet us. I never understood what was so nice about such a meal. what's the fun going to another family with your whole family, just to talk about money and investments.

" rafe good to see you " my father's best friend has given me a strong hand. "where has your pretty girlfriend?" he says laughing and looks around

it's been about 2 weeks now since i last saw june. I don't know where she is or what she's doing. I'm pretty sure she's with JJ.
"Unfortunately she couldn't today" my father jumps between us. I look at him strangely. " she couldn't because we broke up" I say irritated

my father looks at me angrily. "Rafe those aren't funny jokes" my father tries to laugh it off. "It's not a joke, she's probably fucking her best friend" "She's not" Sarah replies angrily.

my father runs away with his best friend. "Rafe you can't just say that" Sarah hisses at me. "it's the truth" "it's not the truth rafe. she's broken" sarah hisses back. "That's her problem not mine" I walk away irritated.

from my blazer pocket I get my bag of coke. I put my key in it and sniff it right off my key. I'm done with this evening now, I walk back and sit next to Sarah at the big table.

"I'm sorry you're guys broke up " my father's best friend says to me. "Why is it even over?" he asks. "The feeling was gone" says my father. "Ward he can speak for himself"

my father angrily looks at me. "we broke up, because she was a pogue, even a routlegde. That doesn't go with a cameron" I say bluntly. the woman across from me looks at me in a weird way.

"was she a routlegde?" he asks with disbelief. I nod my head. "Yes a real routlegde, smart and involved in everything" I say bluntly. my father's best friend starts laughing.

" rafe come on i raised you well. those routlegde are weird people" he says smiling at min. i smile back at him. the woman sitting across from me shakes her head at me. I honestly don't even know who it is. I look at her strangely.

"but let me guess, she left you" my father's best friend continues laughing. " don't be ashamed boy, it's in their family, their mother left them too"

i never knew their mother just left them i always thought she was dead. "Michael, that's enough," the woman says to him. "Come on honey, that boy is sad because of that routlegde" he says irritably to his wife.

"Michael they are young they have to find out for themselves" Michael sighs and shakes his head. my father is now looking angrily in my direction.

"Nice dinner" Sarah says softly and sighs. the food is put on the table. I'm honestly not hungry anymore. I kind of wonder what June is doing right now. I don't want to think about her anymore.

I slowly get up and walk inside. I really need more coke, but I'm not going to make it with this. I take the bag out of my blazer again.

"It won't help your problems" I startle and turn around. Michael's wife looks at me strangely. I quickly put it back in my pocket.

She takes a glass and fills it with water. "I liked June even though she was a routlegde" she takes a sip of her water. "for the outside world yes"

"I think you should have respect for her, she was a pogue who went to mingle with the Kooks for you. Then it is not easy for anyone" she looks at me penetratingly.

" she never talk to me" I hiss at her "and what do you know about it" I cross my arms. "She probably didn't talk because you were too busy with your own problems. She didn't want to bother you, Look not only what she did wrong but also you"

"And what I know about it. It's not easy for a pogue to grow up without money. That girl had nothing left but only you" she puts her glass down and walks away.