Caught in the mess {2}

Asha came in, "Shona come fast ! We need to prepare for the party. Come and select the songs, Bijoy is troubling me since yesterday. You know how bad a dancer he is ..... Shona !? " , she finally saw them. She enquiried about Sonakshi to which Dev explained her how she got a headache due to stress so she slept. He offered to help her. Asha was too busy to pay attention to his reasoning for Sona's health and left the room with Dev.

In the evening, Sonakshi woke up to Soha sitting beside her. She was trying to give her a head massage. Sona smiled at her. "Soha, I'm fine. You go and get ready ", Sona said softly.
Dev got a call from Ishwari. He picked up the call, asked the mandatory questions and hung up. He now did not want to talk to her her beyond her medicines and health. Reasons were many , she was his mother and he still loved her but he had lost the attachment and trust he had seven years back. He went to check upon Soha who was getting ready.

They got dressed up and went downstairs the guests had arrived, Sona was not completely fine , but she felt energetic enough to at least walk . They were late, all the attention got drawn towards them. One lady approached Bijoy, "Accha hua dada Sona aur Saurabh dono settle ho gaye.", Asha had warned Bijoy, so he just smiled and did not end up into a rant about 'Woh Dev Dixit' !

Sona was greeting the guests, while Dev was dancing with Suhana. One of the guests asked about Soha, "Soha.. apne papa ke saath hai" , she replied. She wasn't in a condition to stand there for long but she couldn't sneak out and find a place to sit. Dev noticed her getting uncomfortable and gulped. He rushed to her and whispered in her ear, "tum upar room mein jaao, I'll handle" . She gritted her teeth, "Tum rehne do, you can't even handle yourself!"
Dev held her hand and took her near the stairs

The lady interrupted, "main yeh keh rahi thi ki Deb babu bade acche se dhyaan rakh rahe hain apni wife ka .. ab toh aap log dusri baar dida aur dadu banne jaa rahe hain!"

Asha tried to replay the incidents that happened since morning and went upstairs.
Meanwhile Bijoy tried to convince that woman that there's nothing of that sort.
"Aap ye kya keh rahi hain.. hum already Shoha ke dadu dida hain.. fir se ka kya matlab. Aapko kuch galat fehmi hui hai.. ye ho hi nahi sakta .. "

Asha knew that Sona was stressed but she had developed a new doubt now.
She reached Sona's room. "Shona ? How are you feeling now ? .. ah.. Deb tum ..ah... tum dono.. late toh nahi ho na ab ? "
Both of them were confused at the sudeen question Asha asked out of nowhere.
" I mean , maine tum dono ko aaj dekha .. kaafi understanding dikh rahi thi. Toh.. "

"Maa.. hum coparenting kar rahe hain. Agar Soha ke saamne humesha ladte rahenge toh uspe galat asar hoga." , Sona said while getting up.

Dev nodded in agreement.

" toh aisa kuch nahi hai na?", Asha asked.
" kaisa kya maa ? "
" Tum dono fir se saath nahi ho na ?"
" what ?! No way ! " , Sona glared at Dev. He shook his head , ' I didn't say anything '
" toh tumhari tabiyat to theek hai na Shona ?
" Maa.. woh.. "
"Kya? Woh kya ? Batao ? I'm getting impatient! Suspense mat banao!!"
" I'm sorry Mrs. Bose", Dev interrupted.
"WHAT?" Asha yelled.
An entire TV serial dhomtananna dramatic sequence played in her head.

" mai Dhyaan nahi de paaya and Sonakshi ki tabiyat kharab ho gayi. Abhi fever toh utna high nahi hai but I feel ki weakness hai. She should rest. Aap please guests ko dekh lijiye. I'm sorry " , Dev apologized for not letting her know about it earlier, and left as he got a call.

Asha had a sigh of relief. She gave a pitiful look to Sona. She told her about the misunderstanding and wished her luck for what was going to happen next.

Downstairs, Dev greeted the guests. A few of them congratulated him. He was confused but thought that they were congratulating for getting back with Sona. He kept his fake smile on and held Soha's hands while he walked across the room.

Jatin called Soha for a dance. Dev also joined her. " Suhana Aap papa ke saath dance karoge na ?, he asked. She agreed and hopped in.

Sona came Downstairs and searched for Dev. She tried approaching him but he was either greeting someone or dancing with Suhana..

Finally, after a dozen of Attemps She was able to drag him out in a corner.

" Tum neeche kyu aa gayi ??" , Dev was concerned.
" Shut up. Tum jo mujhe idhar udhar dauda rahe ho uska kya ? "
Dev couldn't understand.
" Dev, ek problem ho gayi hai.. tumhe log congratulate kar rahe the kya ? "
He said , " haan par.. kyu ? "

"Kyuki unko misunderstanding ho gayi hai!!!! You know what they think?"
"What"
"That I am..."
"You are?"
" pregnant!"
"What? When? how?"
"Sab tumhari wajah se!"

" meri wajah se? .. matlab meri wajah se hi hogi but.. I mean .. maine toh kuch... I mean.. humne toh.."

"DEV ! SHUT UP !"
"You were taking care of me so some of these oldies thought otherwise ! "
Huh
" Ab kya karein. "
" karna kya hai. Batana toh parega na Dev. "

Bijoy was too frustrated with the rumors. Although Asha had confirmed the truth but he was furious at the thought of it happening. Asha tried to calm him down but he didn't. He had drunk a bit and was now even more out of control.
He was dancing with others and Suhana when Dev came to him.
" Mr. Bose, aap baith jaaiye. Iss Umar mein ye sab suit nahi karta aapko. " , He said.
" Aye! Dev Dixit ! Suit toh tumko nahi karta ... Shoha ka papa banna. Uske liye meri beti hi kaafi hai. Maa aur baap, dono hai woh !" , bijoy said in his drunken state.
Dev dragged him aside to a room while he was still blabbering " go away Dev Dixit.. I hate you.. I hate you..I hate you!"

Dev came out of Bijoy's room after sometime. Sona aksed him , " Baba? Theek hain na ?. He nodded and went ahead.

There another woman approached Sonakshi to give 'late pregnancy advice' much to her displeasure. She said, " iski zaroorat nahi hai mujhe aunty " the woman got offended and taunted her foe being rude and egoistic.

The situation was much of a chaos. One single misunderstanding had created a mess in her head. Dev seemed a bit too upset though.

_____________ End of part 2 _____________

Upcoming :

" Aisa kya ho gaya Dev? "
" Coffee piyogi ?"
" Soha so gayi hai .. chalo pee lete hain."
Dev stopped the car near the coffee shop.

___________________________________________________

A/N
GUYS GUYS GUYS I KNOW I AM SUPER LATE. EK SAAL SE ZYAADA ALAGA DIYA MAINE. I'M SO SORRY !
I WAS IN A NEW PHASE OF LIFE , TRYING TO FIT IN, MAKING A NEW WORLD FOR MYSLEF. IN ALL THIS TIME, I BELIEVE I'VE GROWN AND AM AT MORE PEACE . I HOPE I AM ABLE YO UPDATE AND FINISH THIS SOON. I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU ALL DOWN. 🥺

Next part comes out later tonight or tomorrow. There would be one more chapter after that. Hope you enjoy reading.