First Night

"Mumma hum new house mein jaayenge?", Soha asked her mother while packing her bag. Sona showed fake excitement, "yes!! aapko mumma aur papa dono ke saath rehna hai na toh hum teeno ek saath new house mein rahenge". She picked up her suitcase and kept it aside. Asha came in, she looked tensed. "Shona are you sure? your baba was very tensed , i tried to explain him that it is your decision and he shouldn't create a scene at this moment, but, are you happy? would you be able to do this? , Asha expressed her concern. "Maa, are YOU haapy?", Asha nodded with a slight smile and glistening eyes. "If you are happy then I am happy as well.", said Sona .

Dev arrived in his car. Gunni informed Asha. She asked him to wait outside. Sona ,Asha and Soha shared a hug and came downstairs to face a grumpy old man pretending to be unaffected by all the commotion. Sona wanted to talk to him but Asha asked her to not waste time because he would not listen anyway. They came outside. Dev was waiting for them, he greeted Asha and Soha ran towards him. Asha wished them luck and adviced them, " I know it is difficult for you both but I am happy that you are doing this for Soha. But, always remember that she shouln't feel her parents are not on good terms. NO FIGHTS!" . They looked at each other and then at Asha, " I don't fight, but i will make sure ye na lade" they said in unison, receiving a death glare from Asha

They finally reached thier new home. There was a beautiful name plate at the door. "DevAkshi?", Soha wondered. Sona got furious and looked at Dev. "Woh ye maine saat saal pehle...", Dev said faintly. Sona felt a bit relieved but was still angry at him for not removing it. Meanwhile Soha was observing her new discovery, "Mumma, who is this DevAkshi ?" . They had nothing to say and were passing looks at each other. "Umm.. beta DevAkshi is the name of this house, it means.." , Sona glared at him again, "it means the eyes of God", he finished, and looked at her annoyed.

He took out the keys, Soha suggested to unlock together " three... two... one !!"

Sonakshi entered and looked around. It was a really well furnished and organised space, there was a wall painted orange and thier wedding photos hung there. "Wow mumma, this house is beautiful! And are these from your wedding? You both look so happy. This was before I was born, Right papa?" , exclaimed Suhana. They just smiled at her. It was the beginning, they had to face a lot of questions after this. Sona was cursing Dev in her head, "Who asked this man to decorate the house so much ? 'DevAkshi' name plate, our wedding pictures, what else is left? Huh,Mr. Aubhodro!"

They entered the bedroom, it was decorated with fairylights and there was Sona's jhoola (Swing) as well!
Soha ran towards it and said, "Mumma I love this swing, yeh Dadi ke ghar pe bhi tha pehle. But papa brought it here for me !" They smiled looking at her innocence. For a moment, they forgot that they weren't together anymore, they were Soha's parents at that point.

"So,Sonakshi, Suhana, this is your room. I'll be Sleeping in the other one" Dev said. Soha demanded him to be with her as per his promise. Dev asked Sona, "I'll make her sleep and bring back to you, okay?" But Soha was adamant, "NOO, I WANT TO SLEEP WITH BOTH OF YOU", she cried.