Caught in the mess {3}

"Sona!", Jatin pulled a startled Sona aside.
" ye kya ho raha hai .. interesting though! ", he chuckled. " Tumhe hassi aa rahi hai Jatin aisi situation mein ?", Sona slapped his arm. "Arey yaar, kyu abhodro ki tarha act kar rahi ho tum. Main toh tumhara mood light karna chah raha tha. Anyway, you don't owe an explanation to these guys. Chill kar, enjoy kar, Dada ka Sangeet hai, dada pe focus karte hain!", he said with a smile grabbed her hand and took her to the party.

Jatin, Sona and Suhana were dancing with Asha. Dev was certainly not pleased to see that and was sulking in a corner. But, ' the Dev Dixit' can never hold back , right ?
He walked towards them and joined a group of girls who willingly accepted 'Dev Babu'  * heart eyes emoji* . Dev looked at Sona with a smirk. Sona's eyes rolled for the 10th time in twenty four hours because of this man. Soha wanted Dev to join them and pulled him towards Sona. They didn't realize and kept dancing to the sangeet songs. Dada and Ronita Joined them.

Dev and Sonakshi shared and awkward eye contact , both were smiling wide but a sudden awkwardness hit them and they were uncomfortable by the fact that they were not uncomfortable.

( *Author laughs in cliché * )

Little Soha was happy to see them.

* A few hours later *

"Sona, Shoha aaj raat ko toh yahin ruk jaao na ", Dadi insisted. "Shona aur Shoha yahin rukenge, Dev Dixit" , Bijoy said.
"Maine kab roka. Mai jaa raha hu." , Dev shrugged his shoulders and started to leave. Sona turned and looked at him. He gave her a slight nod and left. Bijoy's eyes had a shine and he did a little victory dance while asking Asha to have a dance party again. " Tum sangeet mein toh naach nahi. Abhi bhi hangover hai kya Bijoy?"
" Arey uss Dev Dixit ka chala jaana .. usse zyaada khushi ki kya baat hogi , Asha !!".
" SAURABH KA SHAADI!"
" DADA KI SHAADI !!"
Asha and Sona shouted. They had had enough of bijoy. Bijoy left with Soha.

Asha caught Sona staring at the door. She looked worried. " Dev zyaada Dur nahi gaya hoga." , she said from a distance. Sona looked at Asha, " Maa.. woh.. " .
Asha sighed  and said, "Jo tera mann kar raha hai woh kar. Don't worry about baba."
Sona nodded.

Dev was driving when his phone rang. It was connected with the car's Bluetooth.
"Dev! DEV !"
" haan, Sonakshi."
" Woh..  mujhe ..ghar.. aur Soha ko bhi wapis jaana Hai."
" Aata hu"
They hung up.
Dev came back. Sona opened the door. He didn't ask her why she changed her mind.
"Soha..", he looked for her.
" So gayi hai woh." , Sona said. He went inside and came back with Soha on his shoulders.
" Chalo."
They left.

Dev was driving, both were quiet, stealing glances every few minutes.
"Dev, you look disturbed.." , Sona  broke the silence.
"Hmm.."
"Baba ne kuch bola tumse ?"
"Hmm,"
"Kya ..aisa kya ho gaya Dev?"
This time she was louder.
"Coffee piyogi ?"
"Soha so gayi hai.. chalo pi lete hain.."
Dev stopped the car near the coffee shop.

They got out while Dev carried Suhana.
They sat down on the bench.
Sona smiled at Dev and Soha, " 7 saal pehle maine shayad ye scene imagine kiya tha. ", she said.

"Hmm.. maine bhi. But I didn't imagine Suhana. It was just us and our comfort.", Dev smiled back.
" Ab woh comfort hai kya ?" , she asked.
" Pata nahi. Shayad, haan shayad na. Par right now at this moment I feel like I'm dreaming. Ye sab mere liye sapne mein hi possible tha. ", he said.
" surprisingly mujhe bhi ye utna bura nahi lag raha. ", she said awkwardly.

Soha moved in her sleep. Dev patted her back. " waise Mr. Bose ne kaha ki he hates me. Aur agar future mein koi Suhana ke saath waisa kare jaisa maine tumhare saath kiya toh mai samj paaunga. I suddenly hate myself more. " , he sighed without making an eye contact.

" Waise, aaj ka din eventful tha na? I mean the entire misunderstanding and chaos!", he tried to change the topic seeing her worried face. She nodded.

They finished thier coffee and drove back home.

___________________________________________

A/N : SHORT UPDATE BUT FINALY THIS CHAPTER IS OVER. I'M STILL A BIT LATE THOUGH.
LAST CHAPTER HAS NO SPOILERS !!! SO READ AND ENJOY WHEN I POST IT( ANYTIME NEXT WEEK.)

THANK YOU <3