The Settlement

"Toh ham ek kaam karte hain, hum  ek flat le lete hain, tum, main aur Suhana ek saath reh lenge", Dev said while sipping his coffee. Sona gulped, "That's a bad idea! Soha has been living with her dadu dida and mamu, how will she live alone ? Who will take care of her when we go to office?", she said in a single breath.Dev knew the reason behind her reaction and her 'reasons' were  unconvincing. "Relax! i haven't completed my point yet. See, tum logic ki baat karti ho aur jo tum keh rahi ho usmein koi logic hi nahi hai", He remarked. Sona glared at him from the corner of her eyes while banging the coffee mug on his office table. He continued, i don't go to office daily and Suhana remains in school till the afternoon. So, I will complete my work, pick her up from school and return back home. this would give us more time to spend together and I would be able to compensate a little for the seven years of her life jab main uske saath nahi tha. Uski kami toh shayad kabhi puri na ho paaye, par koshish toh mai puri kar sakta hoon apni beti ke saath time spend karne ki. "And what about the weekends Mr. Aubhodro?", Sona asked . Dev smiled he loved being called 'Mr. Aubhodro'. After seven long years, Sona was back and she called him 'that' . Though he loved it, he could not show. "On Sundays we can spend time with her together and on saturdays we can take her to her dadi or nani.", He shrugged. 

Sona had no valid  reason left to say 'NO', but still she was not ready to live with him again.She wasn't ready to fall for him again. Somewhere in her heart , beneath a solid shield, she had softened for him and she was scared to break the walls that she had built around her emotions in these seven years. " kya hua miss Bose ? ab yeh mat puchna ki kahan ghar lena hai, kis locality mein and all". "kyu? yeh tih sabse logical question hai. par, Mr DEV DIXIT ke paas iska answer nahi hai, so  I am not allowed to ask. Right?". Dev looked at her, fed up. " WRONG!! Main utna bhi stupid nahi hoon jitna tum samajhti ho. I already have a 4BHK that is close to your place and not that far away from mine. Office se bhi paas hai" Sona was surprised, "when did you do all this?Wait! did you prepare for this as per some plan? Do you think I'm a fool? You want us to...   see, Dev, I have already told you that we can not..."  

"Shut up! I bought this house seven years back,for both of us, but you went away and it remained with me." , he said. There was an awkward silence, Sona felt guilty. got up from his chair and started leaving. "apna final decision toh batao Ms. Bose!" . "I'll let you know later , I have a meeting", she said without turning back and left. He kept staring into nothingness until the door closed behind her, with a thud and broke his trance. 

Sona was sitting in her room amidst the hustle and bustle of saurabh's wedding preprations. Asha was freaking out as they were running short of time. "All thanks to your baba, sab mismanage ho raha hai", she said while walking into Sona's room. Shona tum ready nahi hui? aise kyu baithi ho?   shona!SHONA!!" ."Ah..h.haan maa.." Sonakshi was in deep thoughts and couldn't collect all of what her mother just said.Asha glared and her and walked away.

There in Dev's cabin, he was on a phone call, "yes, I need everything done by friday and there shouldn't any issue with the electricity connection I will come and check tomorrow." he disconnected the call and looked through the partition window between thier cabins. It had become a part of his habit, over the past few weeks, to look at her through that window but she was not there. He called her up

Sona was busy with the decorations and other preprations and had completely forgotten about their 'deal'. He called her several times but she didn't pick up the phone. At midnight, Dev had just made Golu sleep and was restless. A message popped up in his phone, 'Okay, I'll be living with you and Soha' , he smiled, he felt as if it was a big achievement, as if he had been waiting for this ever since he gained his senses! 

A lone tear rolled down her face as she kept her phone aside and patted her sleeping daughter. She took a big decision but there was no other way out.She wanted to do it for Soha. Deep down, she did not wish to go back to the Dixit house again; a place where she got hurt the most. But still, she was scared to live with him. She knew he could make her fall for him again and that was her biggest fear.