Flash of memories

In the afternoon, Dev got a call in his office. He couldn't  recognize the other person on call. "Natasha... who?"

"Dev, main, Natasha Gujral. Don't you remember me ? Your business partner Mr. Gujral's ... ugh.. the one you left for Dr Bose." This struck him immediately, "Oh, Hello Natasha. I definitely remember you. I was just caught up with some work so I wasn't able to pay attention. I- I am sorry, but tumhe Sonakshi abhi tak yaad hai?
He asked hesitantly. "Of Course, Dev, main Dr. Bose ko kaise bhul sakti hoon. Please,  don't feel embarrassed, I don't hold any grudges." , She said. Dev asked her the reason for calling , to which she replied, "Actually, I was in the US from the past five years, taking care of our headquarters there. Now, I am returning back to India for a meeting here , in Delhi. Usually, dad takes care of these things , but he hasn't been keeping well these days, so I had to come back. Since you're the only person I know here, I called you up! I think, we should have an informal meeting at your place. Ah, well, how's Dr. Bose?"
Dev smiled, "She's fine. We would love to meet you too. But the address isn't the same. I'll text you our new address." . "Okay" , she replied and hung up the call.

It was Saturday, they had a half day at work. Sona had already gone to the Bose house while Dev left the office an hour later.
The doorbell rang, Gunni opened the door and Dev came in. "Mr. Bose, did you miss me ? " , Said Dev with a smirk. This 'sassy Dev Dixit' got on Bijoy's nerves and he started yelling. "Yeh aadmi yahaan kya kar raha hai Asha? Dev, aaj Shona aur Soha yahaan rehenge. Bataya mujhe Shoha ne, tum meri bacchiyon ko do din se bahar ka khaana khila rahe ho!! Maine bola tha na, Asha , ki iss aadmi pe mujhe koi bharosa nahi hai. Kal Saurabh ka sangeet hai, bahot saari preparations karni hain, isko bhagao yahaan se!!" . Asha tried to settle down the matter, "Bijoy usko andar toh aane do. Deb, aao andar" . He entered. Soha took him upstairs to play. Elena had already taken Golu back home.

Dev tried to talk to Sona, but he wasn't getting a chance. Finally, Sona came back to her room.  "Toh tum yahin rahogi?" , he asked. Sona did not reply and aksed Soha to go downstairs. "Kya problem hai,Dev? Itni der se tum mujhe call karte jaa rahe ho. Don't I have uther things to do!", she was irritated. "Relax, kuch baat karni thi mujhe. Woh, ghar pe kuch guests aa rahe hain..." "Oh, accha toh tum chahte ho ki main tumhare guest ko serve karun ? Main koi servant hoon tumhari?" "-sun toh lo puri baat, guests mere nahi, hum dono ke hain. Someone is coming to meet both of us." , He completed, finally. "Our guests? Who?" , Sona was confused. "Natasha.. Natasha Gujral! Wohi, jisse engagement tod kar maine tumse confess kiya tha" . Sona was shocked. She never thought that Natasha, her biggest enemy at one point, would come back like this. Though Natasha went away from Dev's life and Sona was his love, girlfriend,  wife and now the mother of his child, she still didn't feel comfortable hearing the news of Natasha's arrival. But, she obviously couldn't show it. "Umm, waise mujhe yaad toh nahi hai, but I think I know her", she said, pretending that she's forgotten everything. "Mujhse toh jhooth mat bolo, Miss Bose! And don't tell me that you're STILL jealous of her.", he chuckled. "Shut up! I am am not jealous, why would I be ? Well, when is she arriving, we need to prepare.", she tried to hide her emotions, yet again.

They got back to their place after a little argument with Mr. Bose where Sona, for the first time, supported Dev. "Papa, why didn't we stay with dadu?", Soha aksed. "Beta woh bohot purane friend aa rahe hain mumma aur papa ke. Tumhe bhi toh milna hai na unse!", Sona said. Dev tried hiding his smile he knew what was happening with Sonakshi. The kitchen was set by now but none of them knew how to cook. So they got the food ordered and Dev started laying the table. Sona noticed him and said, "ye sab tum kya kar rahe ho? It is not required. She's not your..." . Dev raised an eyebrow and turned towards her, "my?" . Sona got startled for a moment. "I .. mean she's a friend,  so we shouldn't be so formal." , saying this, she almost snatched the plates from him and started laying the table herself. Dev sighed in disbelief, 'You are back at it again, Miss bose!And you think I would believe your claims of not keeping her in your  memory?' , he thought.
Soon they were done organizing the living room. Then, Sona aksed him to play with Suhana in her room as she had to do some 'work' . Sona sat silently with her laptop not being able to think straight. (For obvious reasons).