Manitoba's Knee + Disabilities

So this briefly came up in "Don't leave me in here", but I figured I should elaborate.

So, as I addressed in "Scars and Injuries" that the injuries they sustain usually aren't permanent. However, this is different.

Disabilities are a whole different story. It is very unlikely but it can happen that they'll appear with one or gain one as time goes on. So blind, mute, deaf, can't walk, missing an arm, these are all things that we can be born with and they can appear with. Again, it doesn't happen often, but it definitely can.

In the instance they appear with or gain a disability of some sort, chances are it can't be treated. They can be treated to the extent that a human could be, but it's much harder to really do anything for them.

Manitoba is one of those who beat the odds and appeared with a disability. However, when he appeared it was nowhere near as bad as it is now, had he taken it easy from day one he would be pretty ok now, unfortunately he didn't really have that option.

Manitoba appeared with an issue with his knee. It's not actually something that humans have, it's uniquely a country/province thing.

It started off where sometimes his knee would lock up while being active and quickly escalated.

At this point speed walking is a risk for him, and running is a death sentence. Any extreme physical activity is out of the question really. He can still go on walks, do some light ice skating if he's being daring and very VERY careful, he can still lift things no problem though. If he does make the mistake of running or otherwise then his knee will lock up and be extremely painful, sometimes things like bruises will appear on his knee, and sometimes, depending on the severity, it can start to bleed. Depending on how bad he hurt it he might not be able to walk on it for a few days, or at least not without support.

It had progressively gotten worse and worse as he got older, but the moment he really screwed himself over was when he ran into the White House. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you can hop on over to either my states book or one shot book and read "32", it's the same in both books. The long and short of it is that during the burning of the White House in 1814 Toba ran into the building to save a certain someone from the fire (you'll have to read the story to find out who it was).

He gets his burns in this incident and his knee is hurt pretty badly. It takes a while to recover and he's forced to start working again before his knee is ready. And the burn over his knee sure didn't/doesn't help.

So now his knee is in terrible condition and he refuses to tell most people about it. It was drilled into his head that it made him weak, so he doesn't like people knowing about that. Which is why his siblings watch him like hawks most of the time.