One thing to the next

Saturday November 14th 2021

"Jamie I said I was sorry. Can you please stop bringing it up?" Eddie said as she got into bed. Jamie had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready to join her after a long tour, it was late. Alaina was fed and sleeping in her room for 3 hours, she'd probably be up soonish.

"Part of me just wishes Hailey would've let you go, just to see what you would've done. How far you would've gone." Jamie said.

"I really don't think I would've done anything. My conscious would know right from wrong." She tried to tell him.

"Whatever." Jamie continued to get dressed.

"Jamie...it happened like weeks ago. Why are you bringing it up again." Eddie asked.

"Because when I got back to the precinct tonight someone had just been by to drop of flowers and a card with a poem written for you. They didn't sign it but I obviously called the flower delivery company to get a phone number or email, anything on who left them. Then ran it through the system. Michael Harrington." Jamie said getting into bed.

"Are you serious?" Eddie said blindsided, Jaime nodded and laid down to go to sleep.

"Okay well I'm sorry. Maybe I should track him down and tell him to knock it off before my husband gets a hold of him." Eddie said with a laugh.

"It's really not funny." Jamie said.

"I'm sorry. I'm not laughing." She said.

"Yes you were. Your not facing that guy ever again. I'm gonna go pay him a visit tomorrow and tell him how it is. If he doesn't wanna cooperate he'll be sorry." Jamie said boldly. Eddie couldn't help but like the protectiveness a little bit from him. She smiled and laid down beside him. His back was toward her, she lightly brushed her hand up his bicep.

"Not tonight." Jamie mumbled like he was already falling asleep. Eddie sighed and turned her back toward him. He rolled over, kissed her cheek and then laid back down. That eased Eddies mind a little knowing he did still love her and care about her otherwise he wouldn't have been angry at this whole thing still.
———

"Huh." Eddie sighed and walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. The sun was just starting to come up, shining thin rays of light through the blinds. Jaime was still asleep, he got up with Alaina through the night.

Eddie sat there still tired, playing with her hands. Her head was spinning, thoughts racing a mile a minute.

"Eddie what are you doing? Another dream?" Jamie asked when he rolled over and saw her sitting there. She's been dreaming about the whole incident with Jake Singer a few years back and what he was saying in the cop car to her she couldn't get out of her head for weeks now.

"I think I'm pregnant." She said closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"What..!?" He sat up and asked very concerned and caught of guard.

"I just threw up." She told him.

"Okay but that's doesn't mean your pregnant. What'd you eat last night?" Jamie asked.

"Um same thing as you...plain old spaghetti." Eddie replied.

"...Babe Alaina's 7 months old..." Jamie added.

"And?" Eddie said.

"She's still a baby, you really honestly think we're having another this soon?" Jamie asked. 

"You act like that's something that prevents it?" Eddie said with a laugh.

"No but like doesn't your body like control it, doesn't it take awhile to recover from giving birth?" Jaime asked.

"I mean I don't think your body fully recovers for at least a year but women have babies and then end up back having another 9 months later all the time." Eddie explained. She could tell Jamie was a little nervous.

"I know I've been watching the days we had sex but there was that one night..." Eddie said thinking back to Jamie's birthday. He knew exactly what she was talking about too, it was a good night, he smiled thinking back.

"Yeah. Well do you need a test? I can run and get some." Jamie said getting out of bed.

"No I have 2 left... what are the chances we are though? After we tried so hard to get Alaina, now I get pregnant on accident..!?" Eddie said flustered.

"Happens a lot." Jamie told her. She still sat on the bed in thought.

"Talk to me. What are you thinking?" He asked seeing her stare into space.

"I'm scared." She confessed.

"Don't be. Just go take the test." Jamie told her, so she got up and went to the bathroom. Jamie was honestly a little nervous, it wasn't that they didn't want more kids, it's more like they felt like they just had one. Which they did, they were still learning the art of parenting, thinking about having 2 back to back was a little scary.

"Okay. 3 minutes." Eddie came out of the bathroom and set the test on the dresser. She sat next to Jamie and took a deep breath. Jamie put his arm around her and kissed her head, she kept it lying on his shoulder.

"Whatever it says...we'll be okay." He assured her.

"I know." Eddie said as they sat there in the silence and waited for 3 minutes...
——
Oh boy...what do we think it will say? (What do we want it to say?) haha.
——