Chapter Thirty-Six

We woke up the next morning and headed downstairs. Ryan, Mark, and my parents were waiting for us in the living room. They called an emergency meeting.

"Oh Emily!" My mom said jumping up to hug me.

"Hey mom" she grabbed my face to look me over, I rolled my eyes chuckling. "I'm fine mother, I promise"

"I'm just making sure Emily that's all" I sat down and pulled Jennifer into my lap.

"So what's this meeting all about?" My parents looked at each other before turning towards Jennifer and I.

"Well, your father and I have been discussing things and we've made the decision to retire, effective immediately. We are handing everything over to you and Jennifer"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard your mother right Emily. We are getting too old to be fighting crime and selling drugs. We want to travel the world so we have stories for our grandchild, thanks for telling us by the way"

"So.. You're telling me that I'm taking over the family business? And that you guys have decided to roam the world?"

"That's correct" we sat there in silence for a little bit, communicating with each other without words, I could feel what Emily was thinking.

"Okay, I'm ready"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"What do you mean you're not coming back?!" Garcia screamed into the phone.

"We are aren't returning to Virginia, we sold the house and everything there, well minus our personals." I heard her sniffle. "Pen please don't cry because you'll make me cry. You can come visit us and then stay for a little bit when the baby is born"

"I don't like this JJ... Are you sure you're safe?"

"Yes Pen I am. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't."

"Okay well I love you JJ. You stay safe and keep that baby of yours healthy"

"I love you too Pen and I will. Tell everyone I'll speak with them another day" we hung up and I sighed as I looked around the room. Emily was downstairs with her parents going over everything.

I felt a little sad about leaving Virginia again.. All my family and friends are there. I laid down and clutched Emily's pillow to my chest. I stared out the window as the sky started changing colors fading to night time. A few tears rolled down my face as I thought back on my life before Emily. Was this really something I wanted..? Did I really wanna be a Mob wife?

Maybe it's my hormones but I'm having second thoughts about being here with Emily. But I also couldn't survive without her, I know she would give me enough money to never have to work again but I wouldn't have her protection. I sighed getting up and going into the bathroom, I stripped from my clothes and climbed into the shower.

I sighed when the hot water hit my body. I laid my hands against my still flat stomach. "I know you can't hear me but I know you're in there. I love you so much already. Life is hard out here but I'll be here every step of the way. We have each other through the next nine months and I would also appreciate it if you wouldn't make mommy sick" I heard chuckling and I jumped looking out the shower. I saw Emily in the doorway watching me.

"In here talking to yourself?" I blushed.

"No talking to the baby" I watched as she stripped from her clothes, she walked over to the shower climbing in.

"You're cute, but they can't hear you" I rolled my eyes.

"I know that smarty pants. How did everything go?" She sighed and grabbed her towel.

"Stressful already. I have to go to a few meetings in the morning that my dad was suppose to be attending, then a dinner that night" I grabbed her towel and squirted some body wash on it. I started to wash her body.

"Well baby we knew this would happen sooner or later. Just wished it wasn't during my pregnancy.."

"I know baby and I'm so sorry, I tried to talk them out if it but the paperwork was already filed"

"It's not your fault" I finished washing her body then moved onto myself. We finished up and stepped out drying off. We went to our own separate sinks and started our face routines. I took my vitamins then went into the room throwing on some underwear and a shirt. I grabbed my laptop and climbed into bed.

Emily walked into the room shortly after me getting dressed, she climbed into the bed beside me. She snuggled against my side as I scrolled through my computer.

"You sleepy baby?" I asked as I ran my fingers through her hair, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"I'm exhausted, I don't know if I can do this and take care of you and the baby.. I'll be gray before the end of the year" I chucked.

"Oh hush, you can do this baby, I'll be by your side every step of the way, no matter what"

"You're an amazing woman Jennifer Prentiss"

"Oh don't I know it" I put my laptop away and tangled myself up with Emily before falling asleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Are you sure you have the right person detective?"

"I'm absolutely sure. We ran all DNA samples multiple times"

"Okay.. Thank you for calling" they sighed hanging up the phone. They pulled their phone out sending two messages. Not even 10 seconds went by before their office door was thrown open and two people rushed inside.

"Are they absolutely sure about this?"

"Yes. They found JJ's prints all over Wills apartment.. She's the one who brutally killed him that night and now she's in the wind"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

AW SHIT, what's about to happen?

Is someone framing her or did she really fuck up this time?

Our baby girl is having second thoughts about Bristol. 🥺

She's going through a lot.