Chapter 4

I tell the doctor that I accidentally pulled out in front of the cars and it was too late. They kept asking me questions and I had to see how Josh was doing.
"PLEASE STOP WITH THE DAMN QUESTIONS!!!" I yell slamming my hands on the bed.
"I just want to see Josh. The guy that was with me in my car." Mom and dad are startled so they help me into the wheel chair and push me to his room.
"Hazel." He smiles. Oh...holy shit that smile is perfect.
"Hey, how are you? Are you hurt?" I ask rolling over to his side.
"Well, I do think I have...Lung cancer."
It feels like there is a hand clutching my heart. I have only known the guy for about...actually I don't even know what time it is. But I know I haven't known him forever. But cancer is the devil. And he is really nice and really cute.
But, I do not want to go through the pain of having a boyfriend who might die or might have to deal with me dying.
"Oh no. Oh my God. Seriously, Josh?"
"I don't know yet. They're getting the results. I will tell you when I find out. Oh my gosh. I can't believe I didn't notice your leg! What happened?!" Ah, that beautiful English accent is amazing.
"Ah, don't worry about me. Make sure to tell me what the doctor says." I start to roll back down the hall to my room.
"But, I don't have your number."
"Oh, well here it is." I write it on a sticky note and stick it on the table and leave.

Its been two weeks after the accident. Now I'm in the sucky waiting room. Waiting for stupid medicine. Stupid cancer.