5TH STREET

----

----

ASIA P.O.V

It was 11:25 on the dot, and Asia had just pulled up to the small apartment her and Momma shared.

When she walked in the door there Missy was, sitting on their couch.

"There she is!" She announced, lifting her arms in the air.

"Hey Missy." Asia said, putting her purse on the small table next to the door.

"Hey girl." Missy said standing up from the couch munching on a slice of watermelon.

"Your momma madddd." she said, shaking her head.

"She is ?" Asia asked plopping on the couch.

"I sho is." responded momma, walking from the back.

"You know better than to stay out late at night when you got practice in the morning."

"Im sorry moma-" Asia tried to rationalize with her mother.

"Aht- sorry aint enough lil girl." Momma fussed, waving her finger in the air.

"It's 11- almost 12 at night and you out, remember lil girl we live in Compton not Beverly hills." Momma said, walking into the kitchen.

"Shoot, I don't know if the hills safe no more." Missy said, coming out the bathroom.

"You know some boy got banged tryna steal from the Louis store."

"Hell, I'm tryna tell you these kids don't understand, being shot at ain't fun." momma said, waltzing out the kitchen with her own piece of watermelon.

Asia rolled her eyes back, knowing damn well her momma has never been shot at in her life. Shoot Momma was one of the most scared people in the world. One time she saw a police and turned herself in for speeding, saying " you know they be out for black folks, gotta confess before they oppress."

"Ima go to bed." Asia started walking to her room in the back.

"Ight baby" Missy said waving to her.

"Ima be at your practice tomorrow." she said walking out the front door.

"Kay, Night." Asia called back before closing her bedroom door.

----

HOPE P.O.V

-THE NEXT DAY-