9TH STREET

----

HOPE P.O.V

"It's 7 o'clock in the morning man, I don't want to have to deal with you right now."

"I know Jay, and I'm sorry, I'm kinda-... I'm kinda in a sticky situation right now. ill ge-"

"You better."

"Thank you so much-"

Beeeep

Hope just hung up on a customer of his, the man bought some grams from him about three weeks ago and he still hasn't gotten his payment. he hates having to 'deal' with people but when rules aren't met some people just need a hard shove.

all the buyers and sellers know that Jay is the most lenient, that's why he has the most customers and the most enemies. they're jealous of his income, but he can't help the flow of cash. one thing some of these amateurs don't realize is the art of being reasonable. not nice, not kind, but reasonable. 

some people have tried to take advantage of his ways and in return, they got the hard shove they needed and soon they came running with what he asked for. they know he means business.

he turned over in his bed to the clock that read 7:28, time to get up.

he promised he'd take Jazzy to school this morning because her grandparents would argue all night and would take her late due to their fatigued state.

he got up, did his normal morning stretch routine, and did his morning face wash before he threw on his clothes.

today he decided to wear some oversized light-washed jeans, a wife beater, a braves jersey over top, and of course his signature two-strand chain, he opted for a silver set today.

after putting on his shoes, he was out the door and crossing the street.

he knocked on the door about five times before he heard heavy footsteps walking toward the door.

"Who the hell is-"

"Good Morning Mr. Guzman." Hope greeted giving an unamused look.

"Mornin' Hoseph." He greeted back pulling the gap in his robe back together.

due to his mild Hispanic accent and his deteriorating hearing, he never got his name right, hope didn't mind though. what he did mind was his neglect to see what he and his wife were doing to the little girl that lived under their roof.