Chapter 4

"If ever you find your love, you should be careful, Chaeyoung," Chaeyoung's grandpa told her when she was 10 years old.

"What love even means, grandpa?" Young Chaeyoung coldly asked. "If that is what gonna happen, then I don't want to know what love is,"

"Jennie!!" Chaeyoung yelled as she see Jennie just sitting like a princess and not doing anything. The elegant woman has never yelled that loud before, only for Jennie. She is always the woman who has a cold and minimal voice that people should intently listen to because she will not repeat what she's saying.

"You're so lazy, Nini," Chaeyoung groan while Jennie is giving her best beautiful laugh to the elegant woman who looks like killing someone anytime.

"I don't feel like moving. Am I not a princess?" Jennie pouted but Chaeyoung brushed it off and pulled her to the kitchen. "I thought I'm your princess," the brunette wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's neck and gave her the sweetest kiss.

"You're really unfair, Unnie. Why do you keep doing this?" Chaeyoung kissed her back as the brunette pulled away.

"Because you keep forgiving me," Jen kissed her temple. The brunette loves kissing her girlfriend and Chaeyoung is now getting used to it.

"But I'm not your maid. You know, living together is teamwork," Chaeyoung took the gloves and gently put in on the brunette's hands so they can start washing the dishes together.

"Are we doing this together before? I'm just having this feeling that I'm not used to this works," Jen faced the elegant woman. "Tell me, Chaeyoungie. Am I rich?" Chaeyoung froze in her place and gave her a crazy laugh.

"What are you talking about Nini. No, you're living a normal life back then and you live alone until we met. You never talk about your family, that's why I never knew about them. You also don't have many things with you," Chaeyoung normally said to make her lies more realistic.

"And I met the most elegant farmer?" Jennie smirked as Chaeyoung choked.

"I worked in a coffee farm company before, I saved a lot of money to have my own farm," she smiled. "Having this life, peaceful and simple life is always what I wanted especially if I will have my own family someday,"

"That's sound like a saying of those people who are already rich, who are sick with extravagant life," Jen said without thinking about where she's getting those thoughts, "Living a simple life for them is easier because they always have a back up since they have a lot of money. Well, If I'm rich, I want to stay that way or if I'm poor I will aim to become rich,"

The brunette just realized what she said and now looking at Chaeyoung who looks contemplated and sad. Chaeyoung is currently thinking if what she's doing is too much for Jennie. They are clearly completely different from each other, Jennie obviously doesn't like this kind of life.

"Of course, anywhere with you will be fine with me," Jennie nervously chuckled.

"How about helping me with the farm too?" Chaeyoung smirked as the brunette groaned. "Instead of thinking so high, you should at least try to start from the bottom,"

"But I'm hate being at the bottom," the brunette seductively said.

"Ugh! You're insufferable!" Chaeyoung splashed some water on Jennie's face while the brunette glared at the elegant woman and also splashed her on her face.

"Everything is strange to me, it's like it's not what I'm doing before," Jennie told Chaeyoung.

"Hush, just says that you feel so lazy," Chaeyoung snort.

It's been months that Chaeyoung and Jennie are living together and they are like cat and dog when it comes to housework.

"Because you don't do this work," Chaeyoung thought as she rolled her eyes. "It's harder than I thought. No, I never even thought about it,"

Chaeyoung thought that Jennie is indeed spoiled while growing up. They are enjoying their simple life and Jennie is slowly becoming used to her life with Chaeyoung in the countryside.

"What love even means, grandpa?" Young Chaeyoung coldly asked. "If that is what gonna happen, then I don't want to know what love is,"

Chaeyoung shooked her head as she remember every word she said before.

While Chaeyoung chose to leave everything just to be with Jennie in the countryside, her friend Sana is growing concerned about Chaeyoung since it's been a month but she still hasn't talked to her.

It is weird for Sana because even Chaeyoung is the coldest and unbothered person they know, she is still a good friend to Sana and Lisa, she is that someone who would look after you and check on you without telling them how they are doing.

"Where is Chaeyoung?" Sana asked Lisa as she entered Chaeyoung's office. "It's been a month but she hasn't messaged me yet!"

"She quit her Job," Lisa naturally said, she's been Chaeyoung's secretary and their friendship doesn't affect their professionalism in their work. "I'm currently taking over her position,"

"What?" Sana widen her eyes showing her shiba inu shocked face. "I should be your secretary then!"

"Oh, Park Inc. will fall in your hands," Lisa smirked.

"Just kidding, but seriously, where is Chaeyoung. She's not the kind of person who would abandon her work," Sana seriously asked.

"She's in love," Lisa smiled.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Chaeyoung is not?" Sana widens her eyes, "Who is the lucky girl?"

Lisa is hesitant to tell Sana but she knows that she can trust her. they've been friends since they are babies, maybe it's fine.

"Kim Jennie," Sana choked.

"What?!" Sana locked the office, "She is missing right now! she is friends with my girlfriend!! at least they consider her missing since her guards lost her and there is no trace about her whereabouts," Sana have known Kim Jennie because of her girlfriend Tzuyu but they are not that close since Kim Jennie is known as the ambitious and arrogant daughter of one of the most powerful people in Korea. She is someone you cannot just talk with but Sana is not afraid of her.

Compared to Chaeyoung, she is someone you will be afraid of, but she is not as arrogant as Jennie. Chaeyoung has been hiding her identity from the public and she is someone who doesn't give a fuck about other people. She doesn't even know Kim Jennie until she met her.

"We know. Chaeyoung has her," Lisa facepalmed.

"Jennie has a girlfriend, Lisa" Sana worriedly said, "In fact, I'm helping on looking on her,"

"We know. And she doesn't remember anything," Lisa told Sana the whole plan, and Lisa is glad that they have a connection on the side of Jennie so the Kim family cannot locate her.

"Chaeyoung loves her, Sana. You know Chaeyoung,"

"You are manipulating her?" Sana groans, "Are you crazy? What happened to Chaeyoung?! Is she really the Chaeyoung we know? What if it is just infatuation? We grew up with Chaeyoung and you know she never likes anyone," Lisa understands where Sana is coming from and she couldn't agree more.

"When you see her, you will understand why I'm helping her," Lisa sighed.

"Let's visit her then!" Sana beamed, she doesn't really know if she's happy that her best friend finally found love or be mad because the woman she loves is someone who is already taken by someone else. They don't want to see Chaeyoung get hurt.