Chapter 1

It's Real

"Ari. Ari. Do you still want to talk about it?" My therapist said.

"Wha- what yeah yeah sorry about that" I said nodding my head.

"Ok please continue then." She said with a hand gesture.

"Ok I was I think seven or eight when he did it." I sighed. "I had a really bad headache from hitting my head on the table. My dad was there so I complained about it to him. I told him 'Daddy, my head hurts' then he just looked at me and smiled.

"I didn't like that smile. He looked hungry for something." I started my story. The therapist seemed to listen carefully as if I wasn't a waste of her time so I continued.

"After I told him my head hurts he said to me 'okay Ari I'm going to make it feel all better ok.' Then I nodded to him. I thought that he was going to give me medicine, but I was wrong. Instead he told me 'Lay down Ari lay down right here.' So I did I laid down on his bed like he told me." Then I stopped the story and looked down at my lap. Tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. This was to humiliating. I couldn't tell anyone not even my therapist.

"Ari, are you okay?" She asked putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. What do you think?! I wanted to tell her, but I didn't because I don't want to seem rude.

"Yeah I'm fine" I lied. She looked at me with pitiful eyes. I had to look away because I didn't want her pity. In fact, I don't want anyone's pity.

"You don't have to finish about what happened" she told me.

"No, it's ok. I can finish it." I decided. Might as well do it now then later.

"Okay that is fine too." She smiled.

"So I laid down on his bed and I asked him, 'How will you make it better daddy?' He looked at me again with those same hungry eyes. Then he told me to take off my pants-" I stopped again and brought my hand up to my face to catch the tear from falling down my cheek. I saw the sorrow that my therapist had in her eyes. Before if knew it, she was hugging me and I started to sob into her shoulder.

"It's okay just let it all out" she cooed gently rubbing my back. I knew she truly felt sorry for me, but I didn't want her 'it's okays' or her rubbing my back so I quickly pulled away. For a second she looked hurt.

"I think I'm going to go now." I told her and left the room before she had something to say to me. I basically ran into the elevator, hoping she wouldn't follow after me. Gladly, she didn't. As I was catching my breath, a girl ran right in just as the doors were about to shut.

She looked about my age and was quite tall. Actually really tall. Her hair was short in a pixie cut. Se looked like one of those go-happy girls without a care in the world.

"Hi" she said and smiled. I gave a small smile and waved hello. "What are you here for?" She just had to ask that didn't she?

When I didn't answer, she told me why she was here. Apparently her parents were divorced as she couldn't take it so she tried to kill herself. More than once. Oh wow. So much for being a happy girl.

"I'm sorry to hear that" I finally told her. She looked at me as smiled.

"Nah it's okay. I'm guessing you don't want to tell me why you're here?" She assumed and heck, she was right. I nodded a yes and left to wait outside for my aunt to pick me up.

The tall girl caught up to me and decided to have small talk with me.

"Hi again, I didn't get your name by the way." She said fixing her shirt. "Mines Sarah by the way."

"Oh my name is Ariana, but you can call me Ari" I told her with a small smile.

"Okay Ari, did you need a ride home" she asked holding up car keys.

"No I'm okay, my aunt is coming to pick me up thank you though." I said.

"Okay then see you around" she waved and walked to her car and drove off