Chapter 9

I looked at him wiping my eyes free of tears.

"Were you just crying now?" He asks concerned.

"Ohh I'm sorry, I was just about to get up and leave. Sorry." I got up and straightened out my shirt, then started to walk away.

"Did you wanna talk about it or something?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck.

"No it's ok, sorry if I bothered you" I said walking away. I heard him running after me, so I stopped and turned around, only to be ran into him. We both fell on the ground.

We both grunted. Great. I got up as fast as I could and helped him up.

"Sorry about that." we said at the same time. Then we both smiled at that.

"Are you ok though? I fell on you hard." He asked looking at me concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. Are you ok?" I ask.

"I'm okay, but did you want to talk about it? Why were you crying?" He asked again.

Why did he have to ask that? Should I tell him? No I can't tell him. I can't tell anyone.

"Hello.. are you okay?" He asked again snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine." I say for the second time.

"We can go inside my house if you want and you know... talk about it." He said coolly.

Why is he asking me this a second time. I already said no.

"No, it's ok I gotta get going anyway. Bye" I say walking toward my house.

"Wait!" He called. What does he want now?

"Can I get your number in case you do want to talk?" He said running up to me.

"Uhh I don't know. Maybe just.." I begin to say.

"Oh no it's fine if you don't want to. It's just it's not everyday you see a pretty girl sitting on your curb crying you know?" He said smiling.

I didn't know what to say so I kind of just stood there. A couple moments later, he gave me his phone so that I could put my number in.

I hesitated taking the phone, but I put my number in anyway.