Chapter 14

"Ari? Is that you?" He asked walking closer.

"Yeah I just missed the bus" I sighed. I stood there in silence.

"She said a bad word Marcus!" James shouted.

"Yeah" agreed Jenny. Do these kids know Marcus? It was as if he read my mind.

"Ari, this is my brother and sister." Marcus said. So that's how he knows these kids.

"Oh ok, well I need to go, I missed my bus, so now I have to walk." I said walking away still frustrated.

"Wait! I can give you a ride Ari. If that's ok with you."  He shouted to me. He started running behind me and caught up with me.

"Ok then. That's fine with me. " I say relieved that I'm not going to be late to my session.

"Let me just get these two inside the house, then we can go." He said then walked with them to their house. "

"Ready?" He asked opening the door for me.

"Yeah, thanks for taking me" I say hopping in the car. The smell of burger and sweat is gone and I see a car freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

"No problem" He says starting the engine.

"So, what are you doing after your session? Do you need a ride home or something?" He asks glancing at me.

"Uhh no it's ok, my aunt is going to pick me up. Thanks anyway" I say taking off my seatbelt.

"Ok I'll see you around then?" He says before I close the door. I nod and finally shut the car door. I wave to him before he gets out the parking lot. 

I walk inside of the building and walk to elevator. When I got off the elevator, I walked straight to Stephanie's office and walk in.

"Hi Ari. Come in. " She says cheerily. I don't like how cheery she always is.

So I step inside and shut the door behind me. I take the seat I always sit on. Right by the door.

"How was you week Ari?" She asks with a big smile.

"It was ok I guess." I answer looking down at my lap.

"Anything new happen?" She asks.

"No"

"Do you want to talk about your father Ari?" She asked.

"No, you don't need to keep asking these stupid questions. My answer is always going to be no" I say trying not to be rude.