Chapter 2

I sat down and brought my knees to my heat and rested my head on them. Waiting for my aunt. It felt like I was waiting hours for her to come.

Finally, after about 30 minutes her old Toyota hatchback came wheeling into the parking lot at a slow speed. I stood up and walked to the car.

"Hi honey, sorry I was late had to come here straight from work." She said.

"It's okay I didn't really wait long." I told her putting my seatbelt on. She looked at me for a while before driving out of the parkway.

"So Ari, how did it go with your, umm therapist.?" She asked eyeing me carefully.

"It...it went fine I actually met someone afterwards in the elevator. I think her name was Sarah or something." My aunt seemed surprised by this. After a silence between us she asked if I planned on hanging out with her.

"No I don't think I'll see her again so yeah " I told her. She nodded and I watched outside the window as the shops and trees flew by outside.

"You know Ari, it's ok to have friends. You don't have to.." she stated to say

"Can we please not talk about this please. I really don't need this right now." I said rudely. I immediately felt regret that I said it. I didn't even look at her the rest of the ride.