Chapter 8

I decided to just skip out on the session today and jut go tomorrow. So instead of going, I went on a walk.

I left the house without even telling my aunt. Walking down the driveway, I saw Sarah sitting in her car with her head down.

Don't tell me she's crying too. So I walk up to her car and knock lightly. Even though I really didn't want to. Something was just pulling me to her. She jumps up scared and opens her door and hugs me tightly. I quickly squeezed my way out of the hug.

"Ari! I'm so sorry, your aunt was talking to me in your kitchen telling me she would pay me, but I told her I wouldn't take any and that I'd be glad to just be your friend. That's the truth. I would never do anything like that." She told me in one breath. "I'm so sorry I don't meant to hurt you Ari, I just want to be your friend and not because you're broken or anything but you seem like a nice girl."

I didn't know what to do so I just stood there with my hands at my sides.

"Ok! Sarah stop saying sorry I understand" I said taking a step back from her.

"Oh ok thank you so much Ari, I would never do anything like that." She looked better and wiped her eyes.

I nodded to her and started to walk away.

"Wait Ari!" She called out.

"Yeah?" I said walking back to her.

"Did you still want to hang out tonight with my friends with me?" She asked smiling.

I hesitated before answering. "Yeah" I said walking away for the last time.

I started to walk past the houses and everything just became blurry from he tears trying to spill out my eyes. Before they fell, I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my jacket. It only made it worse, now the tears were coming down.

I don't even know why I was crying. I couldn't stop. It became so bad that I had to stop walking. So I sat down on the curb in front of someone's lawn. I put my head down in my hands and tried to stop crying.

I heard the door open in the house behind me and I stood up so fast and walked away as fast as I can.

"Wait!" The voice called out. I slowly turned around and saw a guy come out of his house holding a bottle of water in his hand.