Chapter Twelve- Plot Twist

I bury my face into my hands and scream as loud as I can. This is bad, real bad and so unacceptable.

  I can feel Josh stiffen next to me and I guess I just lost it.

"YOU! this is all your fault!" I shout at him giving him a look that said I want to strangle you.

He's the reason why I'm in this mess. The reason why my simple little life got fucked up. I can't believe I even had a little crush on this... This... I don't even know what to call him anymore.

I just know that he's the most annoying thing in the universe.

"What? It's not my fault your cousin spilled the beans. I don't want my mother knowing too you know!" He counters back just as angry as me.

How dare he!? He doesn't have a right to be angry! This is his fault.

"You little prick! You are such a spoiled brat! Don't pretend that this isn't what you've had in mind... Now I'm trap because of you!" I'm absolutely seething with anger.
You shouldn't have messed with him in the first place...

Oh shut up subconsciousness I don't need your crap right now!

Oh look who's a little bit moody... Jeez

"Well you should've had agreed on the deal I offered you then!" He glares at me and stands from the bed, positioning himself in an intimidating way.

The deal huh? That reminds me...

"What deal?! The fucking offer that you oh so gentlemanly pointed out that I'm in no way sexually attractive! You are messed up!" I can hear the heart monitor picking up and my breathing starts to get shallow.

I see a flash of emotion pass through his face... Guilt, maybe?

Serves him right.

"I didn't mean for it to sound like that..." He reasons but I'm not quite done yet.

"And what's up with you? Why do you keep kissing me? What's your agenda huh? You might not fall for me but I might fall for you! What!? Do you really want to hurt and humiliate me that bad?" My eyes start to sting and I can feel the familiar lump in my throat.

I'm not going to cry in front of him. I'm not a weak little piece of shit.

"Answer me, Dammit!" I demand him, his silence is pushing me over the edge.

"I need to go" With his face looking down on the floor he walked to the door.

"I'll call Ana for you" With that he was gone, leaving me alone, fueling mad and desperately trying to calm myself down.

"Ahhhh!" I scream, I don't care if the doctors hear me, it was the only way I could vent out my anger towards him.

It is official... I absolutely hate Joshua Garbosa.

But your mom knows

I'll find a way...

-*-

It's been 5 days since the awful fight with Garbosa. I missed two days of class, my parents (dad) grounded me because he apparently saw the report. My mom however, was ecstatic about us allegedly getting together. I was tempted to tell her it wasn't real but I just couldn't because I can see it in her eyes how happy she was for me.

Eventhough her happiness is based on a big fat lie.

She tried really hard to hide it but I can see that she regrets not having enough time for me. The fact that she and dad missed out on a lot of events ,I just stopped keeping count.

I can feel it, that she's broken. She just won't let it show, cause in her line of career a simple mishap can lead to a major fall out.

People would judge her. I didn't want that, because despite what was missing, she and dad filled that out with their love.

So I won't tell her, because she'll break... Hard. Their career will be ruined because of their child who isn't good enough to be a celebrity.

"Charlene?" Mom peeps through my bedroom door, carrying a bucket of ice cream.

"Hi baby, wants some ice cream?" She giggles and I giggle back while she enters my room, closing the door behind her.

She climbs onto my bed and sits cross-legged across me and offers me a spoon.

"What's all this for?" I ask while grabbing a spoonful of the chocolate goodness.

"Well, Since you're grounded and I can't really take you out to celebrate, we're left with ice cream."

She smiles at me and right there and then I saw just how alive she is.

"So we better keep quiet cause your dad doesn't know" she winks and I laugh.

"I guess dad doesn't like Josh?"

"Oh honey if only you knew... He's just as glad as me that you found someone that makes you happy, while we're always away being busy and stuff. It's just his initial reaction, you know? He's a father after all" she smiles and reaches for my hand. Her eyes gloss over and give me a look of pride and love.

"I love you baby, I'll always do" She reaches across the bed and engulfs me in a hug.

"I love too mom" I hug her back.

"I hope you're not mad at me for being away all the time, believe me, I really try darling." I can feel her tears falling , soaking into my thin shirt.

"Hmm..." I draw her closer.

-*-

It's the usual wednesday morning at homeroom, quiet, boring and stiff, but without the familiar gaze of Joshua Garbosa.

I expected him to talk to me, to try to apologize for what happened 5 days ago but he didn't. He's just sitting on his chair listening to Sr. Ramon. babble on about the upcoming environmental project.

I pinch his side causing him to almost fall from his seat from surprise, which gains a snicker on my part, but he regains his composure and sits back on his place as if nothing happened.

"Ms. Mendez, I will not tolerate you and Mr. Garbosa flirting in my classroom, now if you expect me to let you get away that easily, you are under estimating me. Meet me at my office after school."

"But sir we weren-" I try to explain but he cut me off.

"Enough! You have wasted enough of my time Ms. Mendez, get out of my classroom!" I'm not stupid to not follow his orders, so I grab my bag and went out of the door, but not without earning a few smirks from Stephanie's gang and the Joshua Garbosa fangirl club.

"Whatever" I mutter under breath.

It seems like Mr. Garbosa's ignoring me eh? Well two can play at that game.

I might hate him but I need him if I'm going to go through with what I have in mind.

I have a deal to offer.