Chapter Nine-Situation

"wha? " shock isn't even the word to describe the way I'm feeling right now.

How bout' DUMBFOUNDED?

Yeah that's it, Dumbfounded.

"So the rumors aren't true?" A guy with a recorder asks.

"What rumors?" Joshua plays off while rubbing my shoulder. That actually sends little tingles to travel through me.

"The gay rumors, after your mother's Metro interview she said you were different" Another girl answers.

"Pff... Different is right" I blurt out before I can even think.

Suddenly Everyone's attention is on me.

Stupid!

Ugh!

"How long have you been guys dating?"

"Is he a good kisser"

Yes

Subconciousness! What the Eff?

"Where does he take you?"

"How did you meet"

My eyes widen at all the questions and all the attention and soon before I realize RSN, the largest gossip network in the country, is already here with the cameras and the mics.

Whoa.

I step closer to Joshua hoping that the people would dissappear.

"Ms. Mendez! "

"Ms. Mendez! "

"Ms. Mendez! "

"Ms. Mendez! "

Ah!

Oh no..

Shit why am I in this situation.

My breathing gets heavier and I start panting.

I can feel my blood pumping hard through my veins as my body starts to shake.

The people start to close in on us and my vision starts to narrow.

"Charlene? "

I whimper as I grip tighter to Joshua's shirt.

The black slowly covers the edges of my sight and surely enough it's all I see.

"Charlene!"

-*-

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Huh?

Where am I?

Beep

Where is that coming from?

"Charlene?" A familiar voice calls out. The source seems so close but yet so far away.

I see a light

I want to go to it.

I feel like I'm in water.

I swim to the light and slowly the light gets brighter and I get closer.

"Charlene?" I know that voice...

Closer and closer until I reach the surface.

"Ana" my eyes flutter open as I gasp out her name.

I couldn't breathe so I gasp frantically for air.

My lungs are burning and my body is so sore.

What's going on?

"Oh my god! Joshua! Call the doctor she's awake!" I hear rambling and the slam of the door open.

"Oh Ana! I'm so glad you're awake, I thought I lost you! Why didn't you tell me that you were sick!? You're so stupid! But I love you and don't ever do that again" She chokes.

Why is she crying?

I turn my head and see a heart monitor I follow to where the wires lead and I find myself staring at my wrist.

Why am I attached to a heart monitor?

Cayenne's Note

Hey guys :) sorry I haven't updated in so long but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the love that you guys give my stories, it really means a lot and if you guys wanna get close with me I'd be more than happy to :)

You can follow me on Instagram @cayennecao and add me on facebook : Cayenne Torres Cao :)