7~ Dragging Your Feet

~Rino POV~

I went outside a bit later. 

While walking, I saw Julo again and panicked after what had happened only hours earlier, worried he would notice something. I still had bruises on my face from my dad, I winced in pain as I moved, and limped every step I took. 

Julo seemed to take notice of this and started to make his way towards me. Fuck what do I do? As he walked up to me, I hoped he wouldn't notice anything, but of course he did because he was Julo.

"Hey Rino, what's up?" At this point I started freaking out.

"Oh uh hey Julo, uh nothing much." Fuck I stuttered too much. He definitely can tell something's off now.

"What happened to you?" Just stay calm and think of a good excuse. Ha I got it!

"I was training too hard I guess heh." Yes! Nailed it!

"Really?" He replied with a 'I know your lying' tone

"Uh yeah." I said, hoping he wasn't seeing right through me.

"Ok, whatever you say." Then he started to walk away. I didn't want him to leave, and wanted to to tell him what was wrong, but if I started talking, I would never stop, and I'd end up losing him by getting so close to him, like everyone else. So I just stood there as he walked away, wishing that I could feel loved by someone like him.

5 days later.

I was walking when I saw Julo in the street again. God why does this village have to be so small?

"Hey Rino."

"Oh um, hey Julo."

"You good?"

"Uh yeah, I'm fine I guess."

"Ok." He said clearly unconvinced, but not wanting to berate me. "Follow me, let's go to my house for a bit." 

I reluctantly followed as we turned around, and started walking towards his house. I was terrified of what was going to happen. Was he going to hurt me? Did he find out the truth about me? Was he going to lecture me? What's going to happen to me? 

I just followed Julo all the way to his house, silently. Neither of us making a sound, except for slap of our shoes on the pavement. The only other sounds were the occasional taunts, and calls from villagers, but Julo didn't give me a chance to acknowledge.

He grabbed my hand at one point, and started dragging me towards his house faster.

"Hurry up Rino. You're dragging your feet. Go faster!"

I rolled my eyes and replied with a, "whatever."

I started writing this chapter at like 2am and wrote the rest throughout school today lol. Sorry this one was a bit shorter. I'm probably gonna be writing like all this weekend because I have nothing to do so yeah. thanks for reading :)

Total word count: 452