C h a p t e r 22 : The Death Of Grindelwald And Dumbledore

I was stunned by the distress... as if heaven had fallen to earth. I silently held the promise ring he gave me... does it still make sense to wear this?!

By the time I took it off, it meant our relationship was over for good.

I held my breath before finally removing it from my finger. I stared at it closely for the last time. "You are so beautiful on my finger, but I can't have you anymore" I whispered sadly.

Tears suddenly rolled down my cheeks so I immediately wiped them away before anyone else noticed.

"Aggie?" I heard someone mention my name.

"Mione?" I put the ring back on my finger then stood up and faced her.

"Harry didn't mean what happened, Aggie. He's too afraid to face you, that's why I'm doing it for him," Hermione stammered.

I know he didn't mean it because I was the one who blocked the spell for Draco.

I opened my arms wide and smiled at her. I will miss her when I leave Hogwarts and give up everything because she is the purest soul I have seen in my entire life.

There was no reason for me to stay. Severus was the only reason why I'm still here, and now that he abandoned me, I must leave, and save the last soul I now care for... My child.

"It's alright, tell him I'm not mad..." She came closer and hugged me so I gently caressed her back to make her to comfort her. I know she is also struggling with the situation... No one else might notice, but I do.

"Tell him not to push himself too much to fulfill what they say is set for him... You too, Mione" I murmured... Hermione suddenly burst into tears and could no longer hide the weight of her feelings.

"He didn't mean to hurt you... Or anyone. And I do too." said Hermione... She's talking about Lavender too.

"You know what... Draco feels the same way... You're just both had no choice... We all had no choice" I said softly as tears started to drip from my eyes.

Hermione pulled away from the hug and then looked at me "Tell me, what is really happening? Why did Draco have to do those things?."

I don't think I need to hide the truth anymore... Before Harry and Draco both got hurt I must tell her to stop Harry from doing anything that might harm Draco again.

I let out my hand, level with my chest, and gently rolled up the sleeve of my cloak.

Hermione recoiled when she saw the dark mark on my forearm "H-how-"

"We were forced, because of our parents. I needed to save my Dad, In exchange, I have to become a Death Eater... the same happened to Draco." I said honestly.

"I don't understand-"

"That day... In the department of mystery. Uncle Lucius failed to get that prophecy... That is why the Dark Lord punishes him by using Draco. That day after the duel between Voldemort and Dumbledore, they locked me up in the Manor... To use as an ace against my father. The Dark Lord wanted my father to take over as minister of magic, and hold the ministry under his control... But he found something more valuable... Me. I became a death eater not by choice... So as Draco. And like us, he's just fighting for his life. If he doesn't obey the Dark Lord, he will kill him."

Hermione was stunned by what she found out and just sat down on the ledge at the side of the corridor. "I didn't even notice that you were carrying something heavy too... So much pain for someone so young- Why does this have to happen to us?."

I sat next to her and then held her left hand and looked directly into her eyes. Maybe because adults only lie, we are children, we are not supposed to be a hero.