C h a p t e r 23 : The Black Wedding

Three months after Dumbledore's death. 

Bill and Fleur's wedding day is at Weasley's Burrow, Devon, England, home.

Everything seems to be going well from their perspective—drinks are flowing, conversations are lively— The hum of conversation blends with the mellow background music while others are dancing, creating a comfortable buzz that fills the room. 

On the other hand, Aggie was standing in a corner wearing a cloak, half-hidden by the large plant, and peeping at her cousin who got married, especially the golden trio who were unaware of her presence. She was afraid to come out of her hiding spot because she was afraid of what her friends might say. 

She didn't want to go, but somehow,  she ended up there, because she promised Fleur that she would come to her wedding. 

She took a deep breath to draw strength and decided to thrive in that environment to see Fleur.

When Fleur saw Aggie, she didn't say any words, she just hugged her with so much joy and kissed her cheeks. 

"You came!!" Fleur said. 

"Why would I miss your wedding?" Aggie said weakly. 

"You're alive?!" Harry suddenly said in shock when he saw his friend who they all thought was dead. 

"Aggie!" Hermione murmured and hugged Aggie tightly. "I'm glad you're safe!!." 

"We thought you were dead!!" Ron added. 

"Luckily, I'm not?!" Aggie replied reluctantly and smiled. There's a bittersweet taste in the air,  a heaviness that clings to every smile she makes.

"I don't know what really happened, but I'm glad you're alive," Harry said and hugged her too.

Aggie breathed a sigh of relief. But suddenly Harry broke away from the hug when he felt the size of her belly hidden inside her thick cloak.

"Can we talk outside?" Aggie asked. 

Harry nodded and they stepped outside for a moment, needing a breath of fresh air, needing to escape from the tension. 

"Why did you do that? Why did you fake your death" Harry said. 

"I need to save my child..."

"How come you're pregnant? I don't even know who the father of the one you're carrying is." 

"I wish I could tell you everything, but I can't! I know the Dark Lord could still invade your mind... And I'm risking myself and my child appearing at this party. I must leave!."

"Wait!!"

"What?" Aggie said.

"I have many questions, but I know you won't answer them... I'll just say, see you around?."

"Of course, when everything is in order... you will see me and your godchild," Aggie said softly and smiled at him. 

Harry smiled back and was so happy to hear that news. 

"How about us?" Hermione and Ron interrupted.

"Of course, the three of you gonna be the godparent of my child," said Aggie.

When they go back inside, Aggie makes an effort to be present, to enjoy what's left of the evening, but the sadness is still there, lurking beneath the surface, where she knows that everything is not fine at all.

The atmosphere suddenly darkened for a second. A Patronus interrupts the gathering to warn the merry-makers—the majority of the Order of the Phoenix—that the Ministry has fallen into ruin.