hunt

The two sat at the tea house, eating their dango while ignoring each other.

Occasionally one would ask "What time is it" and "What is your breathing style", but they would dismiss the others words and wouldn't respond.

This dragged on a while. They ordered more dishes as the time past and ate their fill.

The sun was setting now.

"Muichiro." Yoriichi stood up. Muichiro stared at him. "Time to go."

"Okay, okay." Muichiro finished the last of his tea and they both left some money and tips at the table. Muichiro made sure Yoriichi paid more.

Walking outside, there were murmurs again of young girls disappearing. They had come to the town in the northwest.

"Anyway," Muichiro jumped behind Yoriichi. "As a pillar, I want to see your sword skills first. So lead the way, Tanjiro."

Is this boy kidding...?!?!

The moon has come out. Yoriichi knows exactly where the demon is. But does he want to barge into a girl's wardrobe though? Ewwww.

Yoriichi took them walking around town until the demon came out.

"Well? Have you found anything other than toys you wanna buy?" Muichiro says from behind him.

Yoriichi suddenly gets a idea. A bad one. Oh dear.

"You. You look like a female. You should be able to lure the demon out."

Muichiro turns to stone.

"What..."

"You are here to slay the demon, right?" He is having way too much fun being a demon slayer.

"If you are going to be a demon slayer, then you should dress up as a girl!" Muichiro's face was twisted in embarrassment.

Plan A, failed.

"Oh, fine," Yoriichi lets out a huff and then lets himself laugh a little. "I'm sorry, Muichiro."

"Apology not accepted. Kill the demon before you talk to me again."

Maybe Yoriichi regrets it a little. He is getting more out of emotions than his past life. He himself was also getting embarrassed. He should calm down and find the demon.

The demon is now out of the girls wardrobe. He is in the streets, in the far corner.

"Follow me." Yoriichi and Muichiro run to the place where the demon is lurking.

"I know you sense it too."

"I do. Don't look down on a Hashira."

The demon was directly under the ground.

Water breathing, Water Wheel.

Yoriichi hits the ground and the demon emerges. 

The demon lets out a scream.

"YOU--!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GET MY DINNER, YOU INTERRUPTED-"

He sees Yoriichi's earrings.

"Oh." The demon freezes. "Oh, no, no, please, don't..."

The demon is shaking from fear.

"Don't- Don't hurt me!"

The sudden mood change surprised Muichiro.

Sun breathing, Setting Sun Transformation.

The demon trembled in fear all the way until he disintegrated by Yoriichi's sword.

Muichiro stood in thinking.

"Your breathing forms are all well refined. You could be a Hashira w̷i̷t̷h̷ ̷m̷e̷  too."

Well. He does appear to have manners, then.

"Thank you. The demon has two more bodies, and I want to see your sword skills."

Two more demon bodies showed up and made ominous sounds. 

"I won't disappoint you."

Muichiro's sword glinted and he disappeared into thin air.

In a flash, the demons' heads were off and Muichiro sheathed his blade. 

"How was that?"

Muichiro looked quite proud of himself.

"By sword skills, I meant you needed to show me breathing forms. I guess you failed the test."

"W-What?"

By now the sun was up, and the two demon slayer were back in the tea house.

"Thank you for helping me with the mission, Tokito-san."

Yoriichi gave a bow with his head.

"Tanjiro, wanna know something?"

"Hm?"

"You remind me a lot of my dad and the times where my family weren't slaughtered."

"I hope that's good."

"It is, Tanjiro."

Muichiro patted Yoriichi's shoulder.

"I'll see you next time you get a mission here. Bye, Tanjiro."

"Goodbye."

https://www

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/628955904202015724/ picture credit