mission

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME,"

Yoriichi stared at Haganezuka equipped with at least 10 daggers.

"YOU LOST YOUR SWORD DUE TO SOME DEMON RUNNING AWAY?"

He was exploding with malicious intent.

"S-Sorry..."

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LOST THAT SWORD?" Haganezuka stamped his foot into the ground, "YOU DESERVE DEATH-- DEATH!!"

He sprinted at Yoriichi.

Four months had past since the Mugen train mission. 

Kyojuro had already paid his goodbyes and continued on his Hashira duties.

Yoriichi was living, sticking to a strict routine everyday. He trained at any free time and completed regular missions in the corps. The demon slayers went on missions nearly everyday, so everyone's experience with demon slaying was kept well and shiny.

 Nezuko was also doing great. She was always found next to her brother, holding his hand. Zenitsu and Inosuke were always rambling and fighting. Life continued nice and slow. It made all this living... a little happier. 

On this day, they returned to Butterfly Mansion. Usually, Shinobu would come to greet them back, using a higher, girlier voice to welcome Yoriichi, except today, there was a loud, booming voice in the yard mixed with shouts and screams.

Yoriichi approached and looked closer. Aoi and one of the young girls that Yoriichi had given cake to were being handled by this big, muscle guy that was present at the Hashira gathering.

Kanao and the other girls were crying(in Kanao's case, staring) and screaming.

"Please! Let us go!!" Aoi's face was struck with panic. She struggled in his grip. The man gave no notice of this.

"For god, shut up already."

Hopeless, Aoi reached out a hand for Kanao, who's eyes widened.

"Ka-KANAO!!" 

This was enough.

Yoriichi shot at the man and successfully brought the girls to steady ground.

"Are you two okay?" Yoriichi swept some dust off of the younger girl who had taken his cooking so happily.

"T-Thank you, Tanjiro-san..." He could tell they were shaking.

"What are you doing here? This is the Butterfly Mansion. Do you have permission to take those girls?" Yoriichi turned to the strange buff man.

"Hah! I don't need permission if they aren't Kocho's 'successors'! I need a girl member on the mission I'm taking up either way!" The man had a proud tone to his voice.

Another girl beside Yoriichi squeaked out.

"Naho-chan isn't a hunters member!! She doesn't have a uniform!!" 

"Shame. Almost brought the wrong person." The man rolled his eyes. So irritable.

"Okay, then," Yoriichi took a breath. He still had energy left, despite being tired. "We'll go with you on the mission."

Two people appeared with a puff of dust on both sides of the Hashira.

Zenitsu and Inosuke.

"I WAS PREPARING TO COME BACK, BUT I STILL HAVE MY STRENGTH READY!! I CAN GO!!" Inosuke flashed a thumbs up at Yoriichi.

"Uh, w-why would you handle g-g-g-girls like that, even if you a-a-are a muscle m-m-monster..." Zenitsu looked anxiously at Yoriichi.

"Don't worry, Zenitsu, we'll all be going together." Zenitsu looked slightly comforted, and gave a tiny smile.

The Hashira glared at them all.

Silence.

"Alright then. I'll have you lot come with me."

"Where are we going?" 

The squad was following the Hashira, named Uzui Tengen, through well known trails that blossomed pink flowers.

"To the most flamboyant place in Japan, filled with lust and greed."

"The 'Red Light District', where the demon lives." Tengen gave a grin.

"LISTEN!" Tengen stood up tall dutifully.

"I AM GOD! YOU LOT ARE TRASH! IF I TELL YOU TO BECOME A DOG, YOU BECOME A DOG. IF I TELL YOU TO BECOME A MONKEY, THEN YOU WILL BECOME A MONKEY!"

This seemed more like slave work to Yoriichi...

Tengen raised his head along with his voice.

"I'LL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME, I AM GOD!!"

Yoriichi thought perhaps he was insane.

Zenitsu was looking stupefied.

"What kinda god are you?" Inosuke looked at Tengen's bulging muscles.

"Good question. I rule over flamboyance-- the God of Festivities." He made a striking pose.

"Well, good to meet you, God of Festivities. I am the God of the Mountains." Inosuke looked up at the sky with pride.

Tengen stared at him.

"What're you talking about... You're just disgusting." 

"WHAAT!!!"

Zenitsu looked beyond help.

"Enough of this, we need to get to the Wisteria House, it's on the way to the Red Light District." Tengen waved and pointed at the road ahead.

He turned around somewhat dramatically.

"Follow me."

He shot ahead the road.

Yoriichi, seeing his cue to act, bolted even further than Tengen had gotten.

Tengen, seeing Yoriichi's speed, sprinted faster, leaving Inosuke and Zenitsu to gape and stare.

Sitting peacefully in the Wisteria House, tea was served to them.

"Once we infiltrate the Red Light District, we have to find my wife first." Tengen watched them sip the steaming green tea. "I'll be looking for information of the demon as well."

"THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!" Zenitsu, unable to hold back, shrieked at Tengen. 

"STOP JOKING AROUND, DON'T USE YOUR SUBORDINATES TO FIND YOURSELF A BRIDE!!"

"HUHH? YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING!!"

"NO, I'M NOT!! I'M GOING TO SAY IT HARSHLY," Zenitsu balled his hands into fists, "WEIRD PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL NEVER GET LADIES NOR MEN!! HOWEVER, YOU'RE TELLING DEMON SLAYERS TO GET YOU A BRIDE!!"

Tengen screamed and punched Zenitsu in the stomach.