but

Strongly comforted by his friend's wife's presence, Yoriichi found meaning in his life once again. 

Being reminded of cheerful times was enough for him to stand up and embrace whatever awaited him...

Because sad times won't end until Muzan disappears from this world by his blade.

Maybe because of the presence of Muzan coming and disappearing again, a pillar meeting was once again appointed.

Yoriichi walks through the flower-filled mansion with either more or less spring in his stride, thinking about all the interrogations he was about to recieve in less than five minutes time.

He turns a corner--

And bumps right into a woman's large bosoms.

Stunned, he steps back shakily to see the Hashira girl who had slightly giggled at him at the previous meeting. She had a strange, yet beautiful hair color and she seemed mostly agreeable. However, in contrast to her timid behavior at the meeting, her mouth now opened in shock and turned a brilliant shade of red.

She looked extremely anxious and on the verge of falling(that wasn't really related to getting hurt by Yoriichi bumping her).

Yoriichi immediately bowed his head. Coincidently, the woman had bowed her head too. Their heads slammed against each other with a loud bang.

Raising his now dizzy head, he saw her turn even more red and frantically started blubbering.

"OH, NO-- I'M SO SORRY! I-I DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT YOU!" She shakily put a hand on his heavy head. 

"Are-- Are you alright? Should I get someone?"

The floor seemed to be turning into the ceiling...

"Ah-- Yes, I'm... okay."

Yoriichi quickly shook off the pain burdening his forehead.

The girl seemed a little calmer, although still rambling. 

"My-- My name is Kanroji Mitsuri, and I'm so sorry our second meeting went like that! I knew I was going to see you at the meeting, but I hadn't realize we'd walk into the same corridor!! Oyakata-sama's house is so big, I get lost in it at least three times every time I come in!! The stupidity of me-- please, forgive me!"

Confused by the sudden chain of words she sputtered out, Yoriichi dismissed the apology as accepted and tried to get Mitsuri to calm down.

Apparently, the commotion brought another guest into view.

"Tanjiro? Was that you?"

Yoriichi turned to see the blue tipped hair swaying from another hall while Mitsuri kept bumbling on.

"Muichiro, it's good to see you."

His cold, emotionless face broke into a playful smile. 

"What are you doing here? Let's go to the meeting already," He smiled mischievously, "or are you too slow to even get there? Slowpoke."

Mitsuri, calmer, but still ashamed, crept into some other corridor while he was chattering. 

Muichiro looked happier by three times and pulled him towards the pillar meeting.

The familiar refreshing smell of the yard wisped around Yoriichi's nose. 

Some pillars were already there(with no Mitsuri, she probably gotten lost again).

The following people were a snake guy, a giant, Shinobu with Kanao, and, of course, himself and Muichiro. Ubuyashiki was nowhere to be seen.

Yoriichi sat down with Muichiro and watched the leaves on a tree blow this way and that. It was only then he could think with no random outbursts of anger.

Another wind past his ears and he closed his eyes.

This game of Cat and Mouse.

There was a very low chance he could have successfully murdered Muzan the last time he saw him. But right when Muzan fled, he had felt a overwhelming emotion that turned into power. It was like strength getting smashed into your bones, and the physical body connects with the mental to make the strongest possible attacks.

This was yet another field of demon hunting mastery that he had crossed.

It was a new goal for the Demon Slayer corps.

But it was hard to know what the emotion was. Yoriichi only paid attention to killing whatever demon was in front of him. 

Except he figured it was very similar to outbursts of power when one is about to die.

These were Yoriichi's thoughts before he got joggled by Muichiro.

The pillars had already took their place in the meeting while Yoriichi was thinking. However, Ubuyashiki still wasn't there.

The silence held, dark and heavy.

At last, the frail body of Ubuyashiki arrived and also sat down.

He looked... even worse.

Yoriichi felt a strain in his stomach. This was like watching his mother die, day by day.

Ubuyashiki still held on his Buddha smile, even as the purple marks on his body reached for his heart.

The meeting began.