Decisions

March 10th

Faye Calinao

"She needs to sit down!" Meizuo argued with Cha and JinJin. Coming across a bench near the parking garage, I was helped over to that bench. Carefully I sat down continuing to hold the hand that once stung. My breathing returned back to normal and my heartrate eased since we left the scene.

My mind was in shock of what war happened and I felt out of focus. Meizuo squatted down so he could be eye level and I looked up at him to force myself to refocus.

"Faye?" Meizuo asked softly. He held his hand towards me, noticing I was still holding my hand. After a moment of my swirling thoughts, I let go to gently take his hand. "Do you want me to call Lei? I'm sure I can get a hold of him." I shook my head slowly. Cha and JinJin looked uncertain.

"I... should see him," I spoke lightly. "But... I'm not feeling too well." I felt light headed and my body felt exhausted.

"Food may help with that Faye," Cha said. "We haven't eaten since before lunch. "How about we eat then determine things afterwards?" I nod agreeing with him.

"Are you going to be alright Faye?" Meizuo questioned.

"How long has it been?" I asked calmly. Meizuo sighed stressfully.

"You know Ximen did not mean to argue with you back there."

"I don't care about Ximen. I could care less about how Ximen is feeling about the moment. I'm concerned for Lei."

"Faye..."

"Lei is my fiancé," I said, feeling upset again. "I am exhausted of Ximen doing this to Lei and I."

"I understand. I don't want you to regret anything Faye."

"I'm done with Ximen," I spoke without hesitation. The moment the words left my mouth I did not feel a trace of guilt or even sadness. My heart was currently angry with him and my thoughts went to how Lei was feeling. "If Ximen wants to continue to let me down, I no longer need him. I'm done with his games. Clearly he wants to play with people's feelings."

I knew Meizuo is Ximen's closest friend, but my heart and mind was refusing to tolerate this sort of behavior anymore.

"So you're telling me the only reason Ximen was suddenly nice and forgiving towards me is because he made Lei leave the group?" Cha and JinJin kept quiet unsure to interfere in this conversation.

"Yes... I mean no," Meizuo quickly spoke and shook his head, being thrown off attempting to help Ximen out.

"Stop trying to save him, Meizuo," I said lightly and pulled my hand away from him. "Gu Weiyi and Senior Yu Yin were right." Meizuo frowned slightly.

"Ximen is like your brother. I'm trying to help you not make rash decisions based on what your friends have said ."

"My friends?" I spoke defensive knowing Meizuo and Ximen were never fond of my friends, but I wouldn't say much before. Now I was carrying over the anger and betrayal from Ximen tonight. "They're the ones who have been more supportive than Ximen ever gave to me since I arrived here this school year. They support me in any way they can. I don't see Ximen do anything but bring stress and pain to me."

"You won't give up Ximen," Meizuo said lightly and shook his head. "You love Ximen too much and he was your first love. You don't have the heart to cut him out of your life."

"You're really frustrating me Meizuo," I gritted my teeth, not wanting to go off on him.

Meizuo will always back Ximen up and him being here now shows he wants to fix the situation. He only means well. It did not stop me from getting frustrated and having a temper at this time. My phone suddenly started vibrating in my pocket and I reached for it from my coat to see Ximen calling. I click my phone off and put it back into my pocket.