Chap Six | Terrified ✰

<<<<<----------------------------->>>>>

A n n e  |  Chap Six ✰ ✰ ✰

 I was still out of words. After cursing Niall for being so horrible, after feeling so sad, so low, he's at my television screen, telling everyone that he's got a surprise for me.

WHAT A PLOT TWIST.

"Anne, this song is for you. Remember Terrified?" He said, lookinf straight into my eyes. Well, sort of.

"Of course I do!" I shouted at the lifeless tv screen.

Terrified by Katharine McPhee and Zachary Levi. The first song I sang in front of everybody when we were on 7th grade. I nearly had a heart attack, and it was all because of him. He told everyone how 'utterly amazing' I sounded, and well, you know what happened. Everyone cheered for me. And that was too embarrassing. I can't sing. And I never had the guts to sing in front of everyone. No, it was a nightmare. And then, it happened. The whole class applauded for me and I was shaking so hard and Niall was patting my back, telling me I did a wonderful job. I almost choked him to death after class. Everyone noticed me a bit, since I am total loser, and the song was our favorite song to sing whenever we're alone. Terrified is such a memorable song for us.

Memories keep crashing, and the guitar instrumental started. Reality hit me, and he started the song.

You, by the light, is the greatest find,

In a world, full of wrong, you're the thing that's right

Finally made it, through the lonely, through the other side

You set it again my heart's in motion

Every word feels like a shooting star

I'm at the edge of my emotions

Watching the shadows burning in the dark

Then, here comes my favorite line, when suddenly, he faced the camera and into my eyes, then smiled.

And I'm in love, and I'm terrified.

Yes, I'm in love with you NIall, and so terrified at the same time.

For the first time, and the last time, in my only life.

He smiled even more, enjoying the music. I felt my heart sink down. I felt my nerves rushing. But most of all, I felt really thankful, for having this beautiful blond creature with me.

My eyes start to well up. Even if I have him, he will only see me as his best friend. Just his best friend.

Why can't I have him? He's perfect. We're perfect.

I want him so much. I haven't wanted anyone this bad.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Anne? Hun? Are you watching The X-Factor?" my mom asked behind the door. 

"Umm, yeah?" I answered. Then there was a tiny, controlled, squeal, but I clearly heard it. Was that my mom?  

"Oh honey, Niall never forgets about you! He's so sweet!" She said through the door. Wow, my mom is more amazed than me.

"Mom, please. You know how close we are. We're best friends."  I emphasized the words.