Chapter 4: It's not a lie

After taking a quick shower, Nanon found Chimon in the living room, watching some shows. Or rather using the TV as a background noise while he's busy playing games with his phone.

He didn't know what to say. He didn't know whether he should disturb him or not. He just stood behind the sofa, watching his best friend defeating his opponents until his stomach made a ruckus.

What great timing! he thought.

"I already heated up your meal. I guess, you haven't eaten anything today, so I just cooked porridge and egg roll to not suddenly upset your stomach," said Chimon without sparring him a glance.

"Okay," he replied, wanting to say more but nothing came to his mind so he just went to the kitchen to eat.

He thought he had to serve himself since his best friend had already cooked him a meal. He's already glad he did it and not expecting more from him. But, to his surprise, the food was already prepared on the dining table that he just literally needed to eat. There was even tea for his hangover.

Why do these, Chimon?!! he thought. How can I not fall for you more if you keep on doing these things?!

His best friend might be looking a bit of a spoiled brat (just a little) because of those mischievous eyes and annoying smile, but in reality he's a caring person. It's one of the reasons why he developed these feelings for him. Even without asking, Chimon knew what he needed, he gave without waiting for return, he tried to understand without judging.

Nanon wouldn't say that he can't live without him in his life because that's already a cliche and he can still live without him. But without him, living would be like a burdensome assignment, doing it for the sake of completion and not because it had meaning. 

Chimon gave meaning to his boring life.

"Why are you just standing there?"

Nanon was too absorbed with all these things in his head that he didn't notice his best friend approaching.

Why was he overreacting over these little acts that his best friend was usually doing and not only today? It seemed like, as time passed by, he's becoming hopeless!

He shook his head to clear his thoughts, and sat in front of the table to eat. Chimon then sat to the adjacent chair.

"Let's eat," Nanon offered.

"I ate already since you're sleeping so long," Chimon answered, leaning lazily back to his chair, continuing his game.

He nodded. Whatever was bugging him, he tried his best to ignore it.

Then, he started eating. It might be a simple porridge, but the moment it touched his mouth and reached his stomach was like heaven. The warmth it gave his belly traveled to his whole body, giving him back the energy he had drained. It's not as delicious as the one made by his chef, but he thought it's the best dish he haf ever had. Perhaps, it's because he had it after a long day of eating nothing, or perhaps because the special person in his life made it.

"You really are that hungry, aren't you?" Chimon commented, looking at how Nanon ravished the food.

Suddenly, he felt conscious under his gaze. But food was life, so he just nodded in response and took another spoonful.

It didn't take much time for him to finish the food. He was full and satisfied, he felt like going back to sleep.

Meanwhile, after that question, Chimon was just quietly watching his friend eat. Of course, it's a bit awkward for Nanon. It just so happened that his hunger was greater than the awkwardness he felt, so he tried to ignore him until he's done eating. Now, he realized how uncommonly silent this person was today.