Chapter 9: Escape

Once his unwanted visitor was gone, Pluem sat back on his chair, feeling quite heavy. He closed his eyes to ease the sudden pain in his head as his mind drifted toward his lover.

Before he lost connection with Chimon, he was able to talk to him for a bit. Back then, he was so happy to receive his call, thinking that he would finally give him a chance to be back to his life. Nevertheless, the latter just called because he was asking to give him time to think about the series of events that just happened. 

Apparently, what Nanon had blurted about loving Chimon more than just a friend was true. In addition to Pluem's sudden appearance, it threw Chimon into confusion. Hence, he would like a momentary peace where he could think things through clearly before he faced the both of them and gave his answer.

He understood what Chimon meant as hearing Nanon confessed his feelings baffled him as well. Everyone knew how the two were like attached at the hip since their childhood. Although their parents were not on good terms since Nanon's were a bit homophobe, it didn't stop them from becoming closer. Actually, he admired their friendship. That's why, although he could feel that there was something more with the way Nanon was looking at Chimon, he just brushed it off as he chose to believe what Chimon had said— They were just friends.

But now that he found out the supposedly best friend of Chimon had romantic feelings for him, of course it threatened him. He wasn't able to count on that possibility, thus ruining his plans.

On the night he took Chimon, trying to win him back, he was ready to face the wrath of his lover. Afterwards, calm him down and sincerely talk about them — the possibility of being together. However, because Nanon said those three words, all throughout the night that they were together, he could see how distracted Chimon was. 

He said it was a joke. That Nanon didn't mean it. But Pluem didn't think so. He knew those eyes as it's also the way he was always looking at Chimon. Nanon truly loved his best friend. And it was confirmed after they met again.

Actually, Pluem was so grateful that Chimon was so straightforward with everything. He was so honest and willing to tell the whole story, though they had some issues they needed to settle themselves. Because of it, a part of him felt guilty for creating this chaos, seeing the confusion in Chimon's heart. But the thought that if he had just been late for a day or even a minute, Nanon could have freely confessed, then taken Chimon away. Though he doubted, the latter would accept him right away. Still, it made him realize that he really shouldn't leave Chimon. He's a lovely person, anyone could fall for him. 

And he couldn't bear it to happen.

Seeing him with another person, that’s the worst thing that could ever happen in his life.

So why did he leave him in the first place?

Pluem couldn just laugh at his own stupidity.

If only he became braver… if only he was strong enough… if only he didn't become too greedy… then perhaps none of these things would have happened…

But it was already in the past. No matter how much he blamed himself, and acted like a total loser once again, nothing would change, unless he would do what he's supposed to do to make up for his mistakes.

He respected Chimon's decision to be alone for a while. He didn't want to do things that would make him uncomfortable. However, he didn't say that he couldn't check on his condition, at the same time, didn't tell him that he should also stay away from his parents.

Hence, despite being exhausted after his almost 18 hours shift in the hospital, Pluem headed straight away to Chimon's house.

He already visited Chimon's parents when he came back. They were the second he met after Chimon. And despite the hostility they showed which was already predictable because of what he did, he still kept coming. Afterall, they also became his refuge every time he was beaten badly in the past.