Chapter 6: How

His ex came back, asking for a second chance. 

At the same time, his best friend confessed his love for him...

Anyone who would hear that would instantly think that it's a plot in a typical romance story. A story that would be aired noon time while some folks were having their break after a morning full of work. Sometimes, it would be the topic of the gathering of some old maidens as they passed their time. Meanwhile, it would be perfect material for high school chitchats. Although some parts were predictable, this common plot would never be out of favor. Everyone was still looking forward to its next scene until the end.

However, the people who suddenly became the main characters of this narrative couldn't find time enjoying it. A love story where three people were involved was a headache and a total roller coaster. 

That's why Chimon wasn't fond of these kinds of events. He believed in simplicity. If he wanted something, he would get it. If he hated something, he would avoid it. He was known for being straightforward, too. He spoke out whatever he had in mind despite clashing his ideas with others. Anyway, people had different opinions, so why would he hold himself back?

But, this situation was something he never thought of getting involved in. 

When his first love, Pluem, left him to pursue his career, Chimon admitted that he hoped that one day, Pluem would come back. He waited day and night. He never minded how seasons changed so quickly, yet Pluem never returned. Until he felt that he could no longer wait for him and had to move on with his life. It was a tireful journey, but when he thought he was able to pick up and fix his broken self, Pluem appeared without a warning, shaking his fragile heart he had tried to rebuild for years. 

Undeniably, Pluem was one of the people who had influenced his life. His mere presence was enough to shake his whole system. He's hopeless when it comes to him. 

On the other hand, Nanon was his best friend. They had known each other since fetus. If there was one person who knew all about his secrets, it would be Nanon. He believed that other people may leave him but never Nanon. They would be best friends forever who could rely on each other. Unfortunately, he never thought that they could be beyond best friends despite their obvious closeness. Hence, blurting those three words had brought chaos to his already chaotic world and suddenly questioned himself, 'Can we be more than friends?'

Chimon didn't know why, but he felt betrayed when Nanon confessed his feelings. He felt that he shouldn't have told him about it. Because of that, the mixed emotions he had when Pluem appeared became more abstruse that no matter what he did, he would be trapped in these tangled situations.

Chimon promised himself not to get affected by Pluem. He had forgotten him. He should forget him. He was supposed not to give him a second chance.

Nanon was his best friend. He knew that he felt nothing romantic towards him. He could be his brother and nothing more. Chimon believed that's what he could only offer to him.

I want you back.

I like you more than just a friend.

Since Chimon hated complexity, he could only give them straightforward answers.

We can never be together again.

I only like you just as a friend.

Yet, why did these words never come out of his mouth? Those were stuck in his throat as if telling them these words were not meant by him. 

What did he really want then?

"You should give yourself time to calm down," Gun muttered, lightly tapping his back as if reassuring him that everything would eventually be okay. "If you made a decision right away, you may end up with the bad choice. You may do things you don't really mean. I understand what you're feeling. But not everything could be dealt with rightly."