March 20 2022

It's been a while again my friends. But this time, I'm finding my way back to myself. I lost a piece of her, but I'm picking up the broken pieces, slowly but surely. Please listen to the music as you read, if possible. 

--

20:03. 

The birds chatter of their day as the soft strums of guitar and soothing melodies fill the air. The cool breeze from dusk filters through the mesh wire screen that acts as a barrier from the outside world to the inside of my room. A faint heartbeat echos throughout my body as I stare out the window, utter calmness. The breeze rolling in softly like afternoon tides is enough to cause a shiver, but the soft blanket laying on my lap adds the needed warmth. My breathing slows as I listen to the surroundings. The open window acting as some passageway from reality, that as long as I have it open, nothing can get to me.

A car passes down the street, it's lights illuminated adding to the peaceful setting. Nighttime is the best time, and no one's arguments can change my mind. Nighttime is a time when the word comes alive, brushed with watercolors of diffused lights, dark shadows, and a never ending mystery that pulls curiosity out of every soul.

Neighbors' muffled voices enter the setting as the music turns more upbeat and the birds continue their dinner conversations. It's merely eight, the world is still alive, and I'm still breathing. I don't dare speak, for it would cause utter disturbance to the serene setting. 

It's times like these that everyday problems become irrelevant. No homework or pile of stress could break the beauty of this moment. This moment feels like one straight out of a coming of age movie. The perfect scene, the teen, the mood light, the atmosphere. The perfectness.

A dog's bark interrupts the peace. The birds quiet for a couple seconds, the world stills. But then, as if nothing happened, it starts again. Picking up as if nothing stopped, as if there was no interruption at all. A perfect symbol of life: it always keeps going.

Dogs in the farther distance answer to the callings of the one nearby, as if having a long distance conversation. Their barks echo off the houses. The birds have quieted except for small chirps here and there. As if finally settling in for the night. Gone.

The air is now brisk, sending shivers down my spine. I wrap the soft blanket around me. Cars continue to pass by periodically, completely ignoring the beautiful night.

As my fingertips turn cold, it's time for me to close the portal into my escape from reality. It's time to let the music pull me back to my chores and my burdens. It's time for me to say goodbye to my distractions. Time to say goodbye, for now. And it's time to say thank you to the world, for once again reviving something inside of me, for reminding me why we live and why we go on. 

---

Listen to Novo Amor.