August 18 2020

I didn't listen to music that night, but if you'd like some nice background music to accompany this, may i suggest: 3:30 a.m. on moon ~ lofi hip hop / jazzhop / chillhop mix [study/sleep/homework music] by FearDog 

---

The night sky again is a clear navy blue, not a cloud in sight. The street light feels extremely bright tonight, for what reason I don't know. However, it still does a wonderful job of lighting up my entire room along with my digital clock on my book shelf.

The street light illuminates the band posters I have on the opposite wall from the windows, creating almost a summer-glow filter on them. The oscillations of my fan create a melody of white notice which is accompanied by the distant booming bass of some disrespectful neighbor. However the clash of sound is quite peaceful, leaving a great backing for flowing thoughts.

This time I lay down in my bed in the fetal positions, the soft blanket brought up to my neck. This gives me an outside view twenty-five percent tree tops, seventy-four percent night sky, and one percent the top of the street light. There's no need for music tonight with the surrounding sounds mixed with occasional, distant illegal street racing sounds.

I look aimlessly into the clear night sky, wishing that I could be outside, away from city lights that cover up of millions of stars. I find comfort in stars. Seeing how many there are, but knowing that you'll never see all of them because it's impossible. Space is too vast. I feel like this could relate metaphorically with almost any situation in life. I'm sure you can think of ways it relates so there's no need for me to type such examples out.

Looking out my window, if I focus really hard I can make out one single star. I know it's not Polaris, the North Star, since it isn't that bright, yet it's intriguing to look out at. You'd have to focus your eyes really hard and not blink for it to almost come into focus. So interesting.

Still zoning out into the night sky, it makes me think of just outer space in general. Space used to blow my mind as a little kid. I never understood the possibility that something, other than time, could go on and on and never stop. It seems impossible because it the world we know today, almost everything has an end: life is death, a toy is when it stops working, food is when we digest it, and so on and so on. It seems like a radical idea, yet again, it's reality.

To this day outer space intrigues me. A weightless vacuum that one can get lost in, yet pulled in by varying gravitational pulls. Where coldness is life, except for the burning sun and practically floating spheres of gas, metals, molten, and so forth. Another thing- what direction is space? We always picture it as horizontally mapped out, but what if it's actually vertical. What if what we as humans assigned as north is really southwest? How can we be so sure that something's north, when we have nothing to base it off of? We just assigned a word to a direction, it's merely a fact- it's a concept.

The one question that always got me as a kid, and still does now, but not to the same awestruck degree, was "does space have a end?" I remember one time I went on google maps or some app and went to earth or whatever and then kept zooming out. And whatever site I used let you zoom out super far and let you see galaxies and such, and for me it really put in perspective of not only how small earth is, but how minuscule we are in comparison to the entire universe- which we still don't know the end for. Like think about it. Say we somehow found a way to be immortal. Think about going into space, enough supplies to last you hundreds if not thousands of years, and just going off into space and never stopping. Imagine that whole time you just keep going, seeing new planets, new gas giants, etc. It seems like a fantasy, something only found it dreams. But it could be reality and that's really hard to wrap your head around.

My focus now turns to my window, the way the light shines through I can see my fingerprints on it. Not only that, but I can see the grime and allergens stuck to the outside. One day we'll have the window cleaner out and he'll professionally clean them, but rain can also do a good job of wiping them clean. This gets me thinking: we as humans leave traces all over, ones we don't even think about. Our dead skin cells falling off our bodies, our footprints in the mud, our fingerprints on things we touch, our germs, our search history. We leave traces everywhere we go, but some of them are easily washable, like the window. When the rain comes again and washes your footprints away in the mud, no one will know you were there. I find it amazing how the world works. Offering us so much: so much land to walk on, so much water to supply life, sunny days to bask in the heat, cold winter days to lay by the fire, the decaying of leaves to welcome fall, the blooming of new blossoms to welcome bees.... the circle of life. An endless cycle. However, how endless is it? Isn't endless merely an unproven concept anywhere other than the progression of time? Take away oxygen from the Earth, we'll die but time will continue to progress. It's an interesting concept, to say the least

My eyes find themselves drawn to the street light. It's not a blinding light, so it's easy to just stare at. What if we lost our supplier of light- the sun? I remember in one of my science classes it was taught that if the sun were to ever explode, it'd take about nine minutes for us to notice. And without the sun, all life on Earth would certainly come to an end. But my question is: how fast would we die? Days? Months? Weeks?

The world would turn frigid, but with the kinda of heaters we have today, would we be able to survive for at least a while? Food wouldn't grow in mass, but could a few humans survive off of food grown under light? The concept of day and night would be thrown off except for the spotting of the moon.... there's be no solar powered energy so things would become expensive and scheduled sleep would become questionable. Without vitamin d from the sun, supplements would sell out fast. The world would become panicked, that is if the blast didn't kill us by burning earth. We would fight one another and not work together. Ultimately is that what would kill us?

These trains of thoughts constantly keep replaying in my mind on repeat. But glancing at the clock, 12:58 (00:58), I see that it's time to go again. Until next time, my night adventurers. 

-------

[Edited: Apologies For My Mistakes] 1155

My view from my window that night:

I hope you also enjoyed this Night Adventure! 

Comments are always open for discussion! 

Leave a vote if you liked it- feedback is always appreciated;)