August 29 2020

(that's not my house btw) No music. 

---

02:18. The distant deep roll of thunder sounds in the distance. Its slow, melodious voice drowning out upon the horizon. The storm isn't here yet, but it's coming.

I watch the trees sway as the wind slowly increases. The praying-man tree becomes unrecognizable in the wind. The rain comes in hard. Beating down on the earth as if it deserves a punishment. There's a large flash of lightning. The thunder slowly makes its entry, still singing softly in the distance.

The world outside is slowly covered in a beautiful rain, casting over the entire area. The sky is a dark, very dark blue, the clouds blend in with the sky perfectly. It's so calming. So renewing to see the world fed a drink of water.

Another big flash of lightning, yet Thunder's voice has yet to appear. Thunder where are you? Seconds later I hear his deep ocean-wave roar spread out into the sky.

I watch an abandoned spider web in the corner of my window outside, it sways back and forth rather vigorously trying to stay there. The wind changes direction and the rain starts to hit my window, creating a beautiful water drop filter. The street light still pours into my room, but now it shines through the raindrops splattered on my window.

The rain slows down for a moment and a flash of lightning so bright you'd think it's day comes, lighting up the entire sky for merely half a second. Extraordinary.

More lightning follows as the rain increases. Thunder cheers happily in the distance.

Meanwhile inside, I lay wrapped up in my blanket, not only for warmth but for comfort. Thunderstorms themselves don't scare me, it's feeling of foreboding when your alone and there's a thunderstorm that gets to me. However, tonight I'm seeing the beauty of a storm for what seems like the first time in my life.

More quick lightings fall from the sky simply for a tenth of a second. Making the sky seem like it's merely a screen and through my windows, I watch it glitch.

A loud roar can be heard from Thunder. The storm is closer, yet it's not right on top of us yet.

The trees are still as everything is happening. The wind has seemingly dissipated. It's like everything is glued in place while the rain falls from the sky. It's just like my room. Tonight I don't have the fan on, everything is still, yet I am free to move as I please. Perfectly imperfect silence falls upon my room, allowing for Thunder to dominate and Lighting to shine.

More flashing of lightning make me stare into the night sky, hoping to witness a blot. The rain continues at a steady pace, creating a beautiful white noise.

You can hear the water rush through the eavestrough and down the shoots into the grass which is probably now flooding outside.

The brightest light I've ever seen shines before my eyes, temporarily blinding me. Thunder screams over my house, rattling the shelves and walls. Feeling the vibrations and anger in its voice, goosebumps rise like mountains over my skin, spreading like a wild fire over my body. The storm is here.

The constant battle between the mute and the deaf outside escalates. Thunder's voice has become louder, dominating, Lightning's streaks have become almost neon, blinding. Their argument, half silent, half visual continues outside without a care of the world around. However, who's complaining? The earth is getting water and most people are probably asleep.

In the midst of it all, I find myself asking the question: is this what it is to live? Seeing the world evolve around you, while you yourself silently change and grow? To find the small beauties and treasure them? To see the world from different perspectives from others and choose to hold it or let it go? To make the most of moments or let them pass?

2:50. Slight adrenaline pumps through my veins making it harder to want to sleep. It seems nature's argument has taken a pause or maybe completely dissipated for now. The constant rush of water and small drip here and there seems like the lullaby of the night. Slowly singing the world to sleep to anyone who's willing to listen.

The argument slowly rises again, first Lightning with her mighty flash, then Thunder. The rain slowly picks up again, seemingly starting the cycle all over again.

I find myself smiling. Why? I'm not so sure. Even though I can't stand in the rain right now and just close my eyes and let it soak me, I feel a new sense of cleanliness.

Suddenly Thunder laughs on top of me. It's a long, slightly sinister, boisterous laugh. One that would wake children from their sleep. My heart rate increases. Again, it's not the actual storm that scares me, it's the accompanied feeling it can leave you with. However, I try to turn myself back to the beautiful side of the storm.

I do feel cleaner, letting myself fully focus on just the rain, the thunder, the sky, the trees, the lightning for almost an entire hour. It's amazing how time can get away from you.

2:58. Well my adventurers, even though the storm has yet to finish and I'm sure there will be many more disagreements tonight, it seems that's it's my time to exit. Until next time, my Night Journeyers.

--------

[Unedited; Apologies For My Mistakes] 880

Picture of my window when the raindrops started hiting it. 

So this adventure was a little more in story format, hope that's okay. At the time I just felt that it was the best way to describe what was happening around me- with personification. That being said, I really enjoyed writing this one during the storm, it was just super fun to try to describe what was happening in new ways. 

Please leave a vote if you enjoyed it!

Comments are always open for discussion!!