𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝑒 - Going Down The Rabbit Hole

"Ha......Ha......Why is he chasing us?!" You yelled while sprinting as fast as you could.

"Stop running!" The stranger started running toward you and Luca.

"Ah......Shit. I think I know him." Luca screamed while he was holding your hand tightly.

"Who is he?! I don't want to go to jail!" You spoke.

"He might be the detective people have been talking about. How did this even happen?! We didn't do anything wrong!" He kept on dashing.

It was an ordinary day.

You and Luca went for dinner after work. It had been raining recently, but the rain stopped as soon as you walked out of the mansion. You held his hand and started walking toward the urban area. The city mirrored upside down on the puddles that formed from the rain.

"Hey, Luca." You called him.

"Hm?" He turned his head and looked at your beautiful eyes.

"I haven't said it a lot but...... I just wanted to tell you that um...... Thank you." You smiled.

"Huh? Why?" He asked.

"You saved me from uh...... The rival. You know, honestly, I didn't want you to kill that guy but...... I understand there are certain rules in the mafia that I don't know." You said.

"And I remember you retrieved my wallet when we first met. It was rather impressive." You laughed. You saw him blush.

"I worked for money, but now I stayed because of you." You felt heat crawling up your cheeks.

"You know what? I need to thank you too. I wasn't sure what to do when my dad retired. Until he gave me that strange mission." Luca rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"It feels like we became lovers just a day before." He could not hide his sweet smile. You clung to his arm and laid your head on his muscular upper arm.

"I know. You can call me your treasure, and I'll call you mine." You chuckled.

He was startled by your words but proud as you call him yours. "By the way, do you want to get a pet or something?" Luca asked.

"For what? Pretend it to be our child?" You teased as you saw his face goes red in a second.

"N-No! I-I mean, yeah you can, but- don't you feel bored when I'm working?" Luca inquired.

"Well, I can read novels when I'm free. But having a pet seems nice." You smiled as you imagined the future with Luca and your little pet.

"I want a pet lion. Just like me, EVIL and MEAN." Luca cackled while speaking.

"Oh, you're not. You're an adorable little puppy." You poked fun at his innocent behavior.

"What! No! I swear I'm mean and evil!" Luca defended himself. You smiled as you saw his passionate purple eyes.

"Diamond City Lights~ Illuminate what's inside~" You giggled as Luca hummed the song.

You heard low groans coming through the shallow alleyway. "What's that?" You clung to Luca's arm and whispered.