The Hero

You walked into the bar and found a seat for yourself. You ordered your favourite drink to cheer yourself up since you had a pretty bad day.

You put your purse on the table and the drink was delivered right in front of you immediately. Droplets of water formed on your glass due to condensation. The ice showed their presence when it reached the surface. You saw a figure approach after you finished your first drink.

"Excuse me, madam. May I buy you a drink?" The man led closer and offered. You had no idea what is in his mind since you weren't dressing up as beautiful as the ladies behind you.

I don't have the time to deal with him but, why not? It's free. You thought to yourself.

You nodded.

The man sat down and ordered two drinks for both of you. He started the conversation but you barely listened. You nodded occasionally and pretended to laugh at his jokes. Wondering when will he leave you alone.

Someone entered the bar again, making the bell ring while the door was opened. A blonde muscular-built man with a black suit and a hat walked in. The ladies behind you were all staring and smiling at him, admiring the charming man.

He took your attention immediately. You saw him sit down at the counter and ordered his drink.

"Anyways, it's nice meeting you today." The man sitting in front of you stood up instantly and went outside with his hands in his pockets.

You turned around and saw your purse was gone.

You let out a small gasp. You didn't want to scare anyone or cause trouble in the bar, but losing your purse was a big deal for you.

You panicked, not knowing what to do. You stood up all of a sudden, thinking whether you should leave the bar without paying. The blonde man sitting at the counter approached you this time.

"Hey, what happened?" He mumbled.

"My purse......" You squeezed out a few words since you are still panicking. He soon realized that the man who offered you drinks stole your wallet.

"Okay, stay here. I'll get it for you." He rushed toward the door and ran out of the bar shortly.

You didn't know what just happened, but you surely were worried about him. "I'll pay you back!" You shouted to the bartender. You rushed outside and found him chasing the thief down the street. You sprinted after them and saw them run toward a shady alleyway.

You heard a voice begging, low growls, and the sound of punching after you arrived at the alleyway. Two dark shadows were fighting and you cannot tell who is who.

Oh no......someone is definitely getting hurt because of me......

The fight ended with a punch in the stomach.

Your heart was pounding as you saw one of the figures was being dragged.

Turns out that the blonde man was grabbing the thief by the collar of his shirt and dragging him out of the alleyway. He twisted his head to the thief and spoke with a furious tone.

"Apologize. Now."

The thief admitted guilt and the blonde man allowed him to go forthwith.

He handed in your purse instantly and apologized for the mess he made. A few droplets of blood stained his shirt.

"Oh no! Please don't apologize. Thank you very much. I can't imagine life without that money......" You shook your head and frowned. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I have to go back. I didn't pay for the-"

The man replied, "It's okay, you don't have to go. I paid yours before going out." He smiled.

"Uh, oh. T-thank you." You held on tight to your purse while thinking about what to say in this awkward silence.

An idea struck you all of a sudden.

"Ugh...... How about I um......buy you a drink...?" you whispered out of embarrassment.

"Huh? Could you say that again? Sorry I didn't hear that." The man who stood in front of you brought himself closer to you.

"I-I said, how about I buy you a drink later on?" You looked at the man directly. His innocent purple eyes blinked a few times.

"Wow, thank you! Thank you! I needed that!" You gazed at his bright smile and you smiled too. This powerful man certainly fascinated you and you cannot stop staring at him.

You both walked toward another bar across the road and you bought him a drink for thanking his heroic act. You found it funny that both of you agreed to offer from strangers and he laughed.

A strange feeling from your heart strike you every time he looked into your eyes and smiled.

You started to change your mind about saying that today was a bad day.

゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+