A Stitch In Time

I meet Berrykin Bruce where my clinic will be built, at the empty spot next to the bridge and Blueberry's bookstore. It's the perfect place to put my clinic.

Me: Hello, Berrykin Bruce, how's it going?

Berrykin Bruce: Oh, Dominic, there you are. I got your designs in the mail and I have to say, they aren't bad.

Me: That's a relief. So can you make it happen?

Berrykin Bruce: We can. The only issue is getting the materials, since, you know, they're not easy to come by these days.

Me: If you can't get the white wood, some oak will do. I can always paint over it.

Berrykin Bruce: It'll take 2 days for the white wood to get here, and we'll need that for the walls. We can get started on the foundation now. What do you say?

Me: Oh, that's a plan, alright.

Berrykin Bruce: Then it's settled.

I get on my knees and shake his hand.

Me: If you need any assistance, I'm happy to help.

Berrykin Bruce: That's very thoughtful of you, but no need. Us Berrykins have pulled through many a challenge for years.

Me: Years? How old are you?

Berrykin Bruce: Not as old as the princess or Berrykin Bloom, but I've been around.

Me: I have a lot of questions, but you'll be busy, so I'll wait. Anyway, I'll be at the cafe, since that's kinda my temporary home.

Berrykin Bruce: It must be wonderful waking up to such delicious aromas.

Me: Berrykin Bruce, it's amazing.

But before I can leave, Bruce holds me back.

Berrykin Bruce: There's one thing I'm not sure about.

Me: What's that?

Berrykin Bruce: What are you going to call the clinic?

Me: Oh, I have the perfect name. [ahem] The Coconut Clinic.

Berrykin Bruce: Coconut?

Me: I couldn't think of any other "white" fruit to match with the doctor theme.

Berrykin Bruce: Hmm, I guess that makes sense. Alright then, we'll get started right away.

Me: Great, thank you so much.

I wave to him as I walk to the cafe. I hear Strawberry from inside. It sounds like she's concentrating on something.

Strawberry: Glitters! No, glittery! Glittery? No-no-no-no-no, glitter-ing!

It's her poem for the "Storytime Corner" thing. I enter the cafe and she doesn't even know that I've walked in.

Strawberry: Glit...ter...ing. Oh, that sounds best!

Me: Ahem!