𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧

TW: talk of hospitals, indirect talk of death

"Please, stop fussing, I'm fine." I groan as Emmy checks my seatbelt for the second time, "I am a grown adult who knows how to put a seatbelt on."

"You are a grown adult who got shot so kill me for being a slight bit protective." She mumbled back as the uber pulled away from the hospital. Hotch forced us to get a ride back, instead of my idea to walk home, knowing that we couldn't afford the hour-long drive. Luckily for us, Hotch insisted he paid for the most luxurious car that there was to offer to take us back, and I couldn't really refuse. Colette and Elijah sat opposite me, with Emmy on the seat next to me.

I leaned back into the comfort of the black, leather seats, "I can't wait to get home, two weeks in that hospital was long enough."

I had now been cleared to go home and get back to work, just not in the field. The team had been at work over the last few weeks, but they still made time to come and visit me, while Emmy, Elijah, and Colette stayed in the hospital with me. They had only gone home twice which I didn't quite understand because the sofa in the corner didn't make great sleep, I guess they just didn't fancy the long walk.

Hotch and I hadn't spoken about what happened- or what nearly happened. He still visited a lot, I got to meet Jack when he bought him around after school, it lightened my spirits to see Hotch so happy, his son meant the world to him. I just didn't know how to bring up the whole almost kiss thing, how do you say, hey boss, so you almost put your lips on my mouth, and I don't know what to do about that. I think ignoring it is the best thing to do.

"So, we have to talk about something before we get home." Emmy started slowly, looking at me with a guilty expression.

"Oh God, what did you guys do?" I asked with a sigh.

"We didn't do anything. I didn't want to tell you because you were already stressed, and I just didn't feel like it was the right time to put something else on your plate-"

"Spill it, Emmy." I interrupted.

She exhaled, leaning her head onto the headrest, "The house was broken into."

My eyes widened, "What? When? How? God, I sound like a teacher. Tell me what happened?" I fretted.

"Calm down, okay? Nothing was taken, it was more vandalization than anything, graffiti and just the messing up of our stuff. That's why we stayed here and not at home."

I dropped my head into my hands, "That doesn't make any sense. They didn't take anything? Did the graffiti say anything?"

"There was your average stuff and some weird drawings. A coffin, and err- what else was it, Elijah?" Emmy questioned.

"A picture of an eye." He responded blankly.

I furrowed my browns, "An eye, and a coffin. I don't get it."