Chapter 7

Owen watched Elizabeth walk up to him outside the restaurant the following night in a blue dress and jacket. "Liz. You look beautiful." He leaned down to kiss her on the cheek before opening the door for her to enter in front of him. He stood at the hostess stand, giving his name as she looked over the reservations.

"I'm sorry Mr. Richards, I don't see your name."

Elizabeth saw him blush as he asked her to look again, the hostess still saying she didn't see his name. Elizabeth grabbed his hand, "it's fine Owen. I know a place close to my house."

Owen sighed as he crawled into a booth at the diner beside Elizabeth, "I'm sorry."

She laughed, "it's fine Owen. Really. It doesn't matter where we go, as long as we get to talk. Isn't that the whole point to a date to begin with?"

He shrugged, smiling, "I guess so. Thanks."

Once they ordered, she turned to him, "so are you from Boston?" She looked past him to see Andy enter with his family, sitting at a booth on the other side of the diner. She saw him look at her, glaring when he noticed her with Owen.

"I'm from Boston, yeah. Lived here my whole life. You just moved here from New York, right?"

Elizabeth nodded, looking back at Owen as she fiddled with her drink, "yeah. I was married, but.." She shrugged, "it just didn't work out. We're still friends though."

He smiled, "that's great that you are able to be amicable. You have a son too, right?"

She nodded, leaning back as their food arrived, "yeah. He's ten. Mostly video games and his phone. I don't see him much except for when he's looking for food."

Owen laughed, "I can imagine." He noticed her looking past him as he turned to see Andy glaring at them, looking down as he caught Owen's gaze. "What's up with him?"

She sighed, "we um... we went to school together. High school."

"Really? Not good friends though?"

She laughed, "actually, he was my best friend. But um.. I don't really want to talk about Mr. Barber. Please."

Owen nodded, "yeah. Of course. I'm sorry. So you're from Connecticut? Parents? Family?"

She sighed, "only child. And my dad passed from a heart attack a few years ago. I visit my mom when I can."

"Oh. I'm sorry about your dad."

Andy watched Owen reach across to set his hand on Elizabeth's when he heard Laurie's voice. He turned back to her, "what?"

Laurie scoffed, "you're staring. And glaring. Might as well just go right over there and fuck her on the table."

Andy rolled his eyes as he sat back in his seat. "So crude. Jacob is sitting right here."

Jacob sighed, "I'm fine. So is Arwen really your daughter?"

Andy groaned, nodding, "yes. But you can't tell her until Elizabeth tells her."

"She doesn't even know you're her father?" Laurie huffed as she set her cup on the table a little too hard.

"Just stay out of it Laurie. She had no idea I would be here. She didn't know she would have to tell her now."

"But.." Jacob fiddled with the straw in his cup, "I have a sister and I'm not allowed to tell her she's my sister? You've kept an entire sibling from me for 16 years."

Andy groaned, "not intentionally. I had no idea Jacob. I'm sorry. I promise that you will know Arwen as your sister. I.." He sighed, "I'm just as confused as you are bud. I'm sorry. I'm figuring it out. Okay?"

Jacob nodded, "okay dad."

"Well she isn't allowed at the house anymore. She can't just come around here and take you from us."

Andy scoffed at Laurie, "I'm not forbidding her from coming to see me or Jacob. Just stay out of it." He saw Elizabeth get up to look at the pie as Owen went to the bathroom. He got up to stand next to her, "taking pie home? ... Alone?"

She chuckled, looking up at him, "yes. Alone." She hesitated, "unless I found someone to share with." She heard Andy moan softly before going back to sit with his family. She saw him smirk at her before she looked back at the woman behind the counter, "cherry pie and apple. Please."

✨✨✨

Elizabeth got changed into pajamas, sitting on the couch with her apple pie when she heard the knock. She felt her heart racing as she answered to find Andy standing on her doorstep, "I didn't know if you would come."

He nodded, "I had to get away."

She groaned, "what are we doing Andy?"

He shook his head, gripping her waist as he pulled her to him, hearing her slam the door as he pushed his way inside, crashing his lips into hers. He lifted her up, sitting back on the couch with her in his lap. He sighed, "I don't know. What are you doing with Mr. Richards?"

She giggled, "are you jealous?"

He growled softly, nodding, "insanely, yes."

She hovered her mouth over his, "well you're married, so you have no right."

Andy groaned, "I know I don't. But I am." He looked to see the apple pie on the table, "did you get me one?"

She laughed, "cherry. Yes. You have to release me though so that I can go get it."

He kissed her once more, hearing her giggle before he released her. He watched her go into the kitchen, coming back a few minutes later with a slice of cherry pie with whipped cream on top. "Thank you."

She nodded as she sat next to him, "watch a movie with me?"

Andy smiled, "I'd love to."

"Are you going to get in trouble?"

He shrugged, "I don't care Lizzie. I want to be here with you."

She nodded, snuggling next to him as she grabbed her own pie.