Chapter 13

Jacob groaned, turning to see Arwen and Jasper asleep in chairs next to him. "Winnie."

Arwen sat up, hearing Jacob, "hey!" She leapt to her feet, "I was so worried!" She leaned over him, brushing hair caked with blood from his face. She grabbed his hand, "are you in pain?"

Jacob laughed, clutching his stomach as he did, "I was in a car accident Winnie, of course I'm in pain."

She chuckled as she blushed, "sorry."

He shook his head, "where's dad? How's my mom?"

"I um.. I'll go get him. I'll be right back."

Jacob nodded as he watched Arwen nudge Jasper awake, leaving him alone in the room. He looked down to see his left leg in a cast, feeling pain in his head. He lifted both arms, seeing they were both fine as he saw Andy come into the room with Elizabeth. "Dad. Liz."

Andy sighed, "thank god. Are you okay bud?"

"You guys need to stop asking stupid questions. What happened?"

Andy nodded, "you were in an accident, your leg was broken and you hit your head on the dashboard. Besides a concussion and the leg, you just have some scrapes and bruises." 

Jacob smiled, nodding, "okay. Not so bad. And mom?"

Andy looked at Elizabeth as she stood on the other side of Jacob before looking back at him. "Jacob. You hit a semi. Your mom didn't make it. It's a miracle you did. It hit the driver side, she was dead almost instantly. I'm sorry." He groaned as he watched Jacob's eyes welling with tears, "I'm so sorry."

"It's my fault. We were fighting, I was yelling at her."

Elizabeth sighed, "it wasn't your fault. It was an accident Jacob."

He shook his head as he tried to sit up, groaning as Andy kept him on his back. "No. She was mad about Elizabeth and Arwen and how I wanted to get home. I said she was being selfish. She swerved and was crying. I tried to fix the steering wheel but she pulled it away from me and that's when we crashed."

Andy placed his hand on Jacob's cheek, "it isn't your fault Jacob." He leaned down, hugging him as he heard him crying.

✨✨✨

Jacob woke up to Arwen asleep next to him. He nudged her awake, "Winnie, you're on my arm."

She groaned, standing up, "sorry. I'm really sorry about your mom Jacob."

He nodded, as she sat in the chair next to him, leaning over the bed next to him as she grabbed his hand. "Where is everyone?"

"My mom took Jasper home. Dad went to get something to eat." She turned to see Andy enter.

"Jacob! You're awake! They said I could take you home. But I didn't want to wake you. Do you want to go home?"

Jacob nodded, "please."

Arwen chuckled, "I'll leave you so you can get dressed."

✨✨✨

Elizabeth watched Andy help Jacob into the house. "Hey bud." She saw him only half smile as Andy got him positioned in the living room on the couch.

"Stairs probably aren't a good thing right now. I'll have Arwen bring the Xbox down here for you. Okay?"

Jacob smiled, "sure dad. Thanks."

Andy nodded at Arwen as she went upstairs to do what he said. He went into the bedroom with Elizabeth, shutting the door behind them.

"How is he?"

Andy huffed, "he lost his mother and he thinks it's his fault. He hasn't really spoken."

"Ugh Andy." She wrapped her arms around him as she heard him sigh, "I'm so sorry about Laurie."

He nodded, "it's no one's fault. Except for maybe her own. Jacob said she was being passive aggressive all weekend about you and Arwen. And why I wasn't with them at her parents house. I don't know why she couldn't just accept it."

She looked up at him, "I know. Still. Jacob lost his mother. I feel awful."

"It isn't your fault either love. He'll be okay."

She nodded as he leaned down to kiss her, undoing his shirt.

"I'm gonna take a shower."

She nodded as she watched him get undressed, "can I join you?"

He chuckled, "what about the kids?"

She shrugged, "Jasper is at a friends and Arwen and Jacob are going to play video games on the giant tv in the living room."

He laughed, "well then get in here."

She giggled as she undressed quickly, following him into the shower. She watched him stand with his head under the water for a while as she wrapped her arms around his torso. "Andy honey. He's okay."

He sighed, nodding as he turned to face her, "I was so worried." He grabbed her waist, "I'm just happy to have him home. Distract me?"

She laughed, nodding as she kissed him, throwing her arms around his neck. She grunted as he lifted her to turn and press her against the wall as he lowered her onto him. "Oh Andy."

He moaned at her whimper as he kissed up her neck, "I love you Lizzie. I never tire of you."

She moaned her agreement as he pressed his lips to hers, lapping his tongue against hers as he thrusted harder, keeping her pinned against the wall. She heard him grunt as he gripped her ass in his hands. "I love you Andy... don't..st.." She felt him bury his face in her neck, kissing her as she felt him release with her. She giggled as he set her back on her feet, "I never tire of you either."

Andy laughed, "I know." He sighed, watching her wash her hair, "I promise I'm going to marry you. It just never seems like the right time. Now with Laurie... and Jacob."

Elizabeth nodded, "I know Andy. I have you. That's good enough for me for now."

He smiled, "okay."