PART 9

EPISODE 2-DRAINED

"Give it back!" I hear a familiar voice scream from down the hall

After being here for less than a week, I've already learnt not to question when I hear someone yell. As it is most likely Carmen. And even though she can be annoying, she's still family. And I'd do anything to protect family.

I immediately rush down the corridor, into another room, which looks almost identical to mine. Plain grey walls and an uncomfortable bed in the middle.

Carmen is sat on the floor beside her bed, sniffling and holding her eye.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, even though I have a pretty good idea, as I quickly rush to her side.

"My stuff got nicked, and when I asked for it back, I got beat up" She cries into my shoulder.

"How'd they look?" I ask, trying desperately to keep my cool.

"Short, curly haired boy" She mumbles in response.

"Tyler?" I shout in disbelief, to which she shrugs.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see Sapphire who frowns in confusion. I simply point at Carmen and she seems to understand that I need to her to take care of her for a while., whilst I go and deal with Tyler.

I leave Carmen's room, stomping down the corridor, before stopping in front of a door which I've come to know is the door to Tyler and Rick's bedroom.

I knock harshly on the door, and Rick immediately opens it.

"What's up Kiara?" He asks, but I over look him and push past him to find Tyler sat on his bed, searching through all of Carmen's stuff.

"Are you serious?" I almost scream at him.

"What do you mean?" He replies, seemingly clueless.

"Who the hell do you think you are?, Nicking my friends stuff, she's never done anything to you" I breathe out in anger.

"It's nothing personal" He shrugs. "She was just an easy target"

"You've got to be kidding me" I scoff. "You know what Tyler, you were wrong. She's not an easy target, cause if you mess with her you gotta deal with me, so give me back her stuff or else"

"Or else what?, You think I'm scared of you, you're a girl, you can't do nothing" He laughs.

"Oh, and he's sexist too, great" I say sarcastically, through gritted teeth. "You were warned" I quickly rush forward and pull him off the bed with ease. But, to my dismay, I only manage to get a few punches in when I feel someone lift me off of him and pull me out of the room.

The door closes behind us and the person places me on my feet in the corridor. I look up to see Rick standing there.

"What the hell was that for?" I ask, seething with anger.