21. What Matters Most

OOTD

OOTD.
————————————————————
Thanksgiving is today and you were beyond excited to spend it with Phillip, it's not the first time you've spent Thanksgiving with Phillip but it's the first you won't spend it hating him. All the night before you and your mother were preparing food to bring to the Altman's on Thanksgiving day, it was only appropriate to whip up a feast since many people were going over.

-

You quickly headed over to Vincenzo's bakery to grab a couple of knickknacks, you also wanted to pass by and wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. As soon as you stepped through the door you were immediately greeted by a warm embrace from Vincenzo.

"AWW! You're so adorable!" You said in the crook of his neck.

"HOW ARE YOU? What can I do for you? Let me just say business has been great and all because of you!" He said with a wide smile on his face.

"Well, I'm doing great! I just need a couple of pastries. And I'm glad business has been booming lately. Any plans for today?" You approached the counter.

Vincenzo was grabbing an assortment of pastries and putting them in a box for you. "No plans today, my kids have their own lives and took their families on a trip for the holidays."

You felt bad, you couldn't imagine spending today alone, or spending any holiday alone. You missed your father, you wished he was still around. Vincenzo doesn't deserve to spend today alone, so you figured you could spare him an invite. "What if I invite you over for Thanksgiving? It'll be fun, a lot of friends and family. I think you'd enjoy it.."

"Eh, I don't know. I do not like to intrude..." He said with his thick Italian accent.

"It wouldn't be intruding if I invited you. This isn't even a question of whether you want to come or not. You are coming end of the discussion." You paid for the pastries and wrote down the address and time.

"Okay! See you later." Vincenzo gleed.

-

-

You finally made it over to the Altman's to help set everything up. After 30 minutes of doing so, you still hadn't seen Phillip. You texted him twice and there was no response. It felt wrong to head up to his room and barge in unannounced, therefore you chose not to. You saw Lexie and Amelia walk in and it felt like you could finally breathe again. Being with them always felt like a safe space. "PARTY IS HERE!" Lexie shouted holding up two bottles of champagne.

"The party is indeed here!" You giggled. Scanning the room once again to look for Phillip, you saw just about everyone but him.

"Uhh.. Hello?" Amelia waved her hand in front of your face catching your attention. "Something wrong? You seem a little worried."

"No, it's honestly nothing. I can't seem to find Phillip anywhere and he hasn't answered my texts." You said.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, he's a man," Lexie said reassuring you.