Chapter 11

Apparently, this is not done, but I have decided to post this chapter since everyone's asking me when the new chapter going to happen. Since I might miss some events in the chapter so go ahead, and write in the comments on what events I missed.

1970s

As the Cold War continues, there has been a lot of changes in the 1970s. America had experienced an Oil Embargo due to supporting Israel. This was called the Yom Kippur War. 

"The Yom Kippur War?" Shirley asked 

in 1967, Egyptian and Syrian forces launched a coordinated attack against Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar. Taking the Israeli Defense Forces by surprise, Egyptian troops swept deep into the Sinai Peninsula, while Syria struggled to throw occupying Israeli troops out of the Golan Heights. Israel counterattacked and recaptured the Golan Heights.

"Well, it's their fault for launching an attack. It's only fair that Israel defends itself" Shirley said 

"Although Egypt had again suffered military defeat at the hands of its Jewish neighbor, the initial Egyptian successes greatly enhanced Sadat's prestige in the Middle East and gave him an opportunity to seek peace."

The witches were glad this war ended in 2 weeks

In response to U.S. support of Israel, the Arab members of OPEC, Saudi Arabia who led OPEC,  declared an embargo against the United States, later joined by other oil exporters and extended against the Netherlands and other states, causing the Oil Embargo.

They even showed footage of the war 

Everyone was watching in horror seeing the war in the Middle East. This dates back to the 1940s-1950s. It was also shocking to see so many cars lining up in the gas station.

"That's alot of Cars!" Nikka said

"It's also horrifying to see that you can only get gas at a certain date if your license plate is either an odd or even number." Minna said 

The next they showed was the continuation of Vietnam War

In the 1970s, the Vietnam War continues to rage. In the US, many young citizens were still protesting about this war. Not to mention there was a protest in Kent State University. President Nixon invaded Cambodia during the war. As a result Students were peacefully protesting. That was until the US National Guard sent out troops and started shooting at the students.

The Liberion witches were shocked to see that their own government would start to kill their own people not to mention they were students.

"I can't believe it!" Johanne said putting her hand over her mouth

"Why would they do that if they are just peacefully protesting?!" Kanno shouted 

Shirley didn't have any words on what to say. It was too shocking to hear about this